Item for sale not being displayed

thegrandmall
Community Member
Hi All,

I had listed a used Nokia N80 phone for sale on ebay but the same is not being displayed in the searches for Nokia N80. This is my first sale listing on ebay. The item number is 120017799397. Request help and guidance from seasoned sellers here. Thanks.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

ritu@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi thegrandmall,

I understand your concern regarding your listing not reflecting in Search. When you revise an item, the listing must be re-indexed and updated to eBay before it shows up again in all the searches. The most likely reason you were unable to find your item is that it probably hadn't had enough time to fully re-index and update through all of the search tools.

Updates on eBay take place all the time. Therefore, after your revise your item it shouldn't be long before your listing is searchable again through every search.

Please keep in mind that there are hundreds of thousands of items being listed and relisted on eBay each and every day, and each one of those items must be indexed and cross-referenced for every word in their title and description. Usually this can all be done and updated within a couple of hours.

I hope that your listing too will show up in some time.

Regards,
Ritu
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
I have listed two items (271109352780 & 271109355594) on 23rd November, 2012 around 11 PM in the Winter Wear section. However, these two items are not showing in search results till date. Its been more than 7 days. Can anyone help me?
Message 3 of 3
latest reply