cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item delayed. Seller ignores advice for time extension

I'm a buyer only, not a seller. Unless there's a recent change in eBay policy for late delivery, I believe there's a provision for a seller to request an extension of the delivery deadline.

I live in the North-East where things move more slowly. So I usually don't claim a refund even when a package is late in arriving, especially if the item is of low value and I can track it. They generally do arrive after some time.

However, one of my recent purchases cost nearly 10k, so I advised the seller to send it by Speed Post as it's much faster than private couriers in my area. But he sent it by DTDC and was rather late in shipping it. Moreover, DTDC is slow in this region and the local office is very negligent about delivery, often keeping a package with them for several days.

I explained everything to the seller and advised him to apply for a time extension so that I would not have to claim a refund for non-receipt. I explained that this is in his own interest as he could lose money if I'm forced to claim a refund. But for some reason he has decided not to follow my advice.

Well, the delivery deadline was over today and the package still has not arrived. I can track it but, in theory, it could still be lost before it reaches me.

The seller seems to be a decent fellow and he has a good feedback percentage. I'm reluctant to create trouble for him by claiming a refund, but I don't want to risk losing my purchase either. If I'm going to claim a refund, I'll have to do it quickly.

Your opinions please.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0