Indiapost Strike?

All Dear fellow eBayers,
Today i went to post office to ship a parcel.The lady on counter who book my parcel told me from tomorrow there is going to be strike for indefinite period & none of articles will be booked from tomorrow.

Guys I am affraid if this is true it will be really difficult for me to ship parcels.
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Indiapost Strike?

Your information is correct. Let us see what happens.
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Indiapost Strike?

I am now 100% sure this is India Shining...........
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Indiapost Strike?

liquitaria
Community Member
Not online India Shining, but shining real bright. lol. Rin ki chamak.
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Indiapost Strike?

THIS COUNTRY IS BLACKMAILED BY A HANDFUL OF PEOPLE. I THINK CHINA SYSTEM IS BEST. LINE THEM UP AND SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT.
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Indiapost Strike?

gadgetguru.india
Community Member
hi
we have received a confirmation from the postal team the strike has been postpond to other date which they are not confirming
but for the time being there is no strike now
thanks
imran
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Indiapost Strike?

Hi,
Thanks for latest update.
Truly,
Amitava
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Indiapost Strike?

cosycom
Community Member
Hi, They had no other option than to cancel their strike .... It was matter of life or death for them.......General Amitva's firing brigade would have killed all of them in a line. :_|:_|:_|

Regards

Narinder:-D
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Indiapost Strike?

Hi Narinder,
We miss you very much.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Indiapost Strike?

Some people won't contribute to make this country better. They would just waste their time blaming Indian Government and praising foreign nations.Its a pity, we have such Indians.

Before you flare up with the postal department and label them as inefficient,lazy etc., please consider these valid demands of the postal officers:

1. Govt. wanted to close the single handed post offices. Closure of single handed post offices means small micro interiors won't have access to post office - this means they would be virtually cut off from the rest of the world. The postal employees want the government to CONTINUE the single handed post offices. This is in the interest of the people living in small micro interiors.

2. Incorrect data as 'Delivered' or 'Redirected' is furnished to the post offices from the project arrow offices. This leads to frustration to the postal employees working in the post office. The employees demand that the data forwarded to them should be correct so that people receive their parcels and they are not lost. This is again for the benefit of the public.

3. There are a lot of senior employees who have worked in the post office at the lower ranks and they have practical knowledge about the postal system. Just as any job, this job also requires a lot of practical knowledge. Yet the senior people are not given the promotion and new people are directly given higher ranks. If any one is from Mumbai in this forum they would agree that it requires almost 3 to 4 years for a postman to understand the complexity of just one area called Dharavi. Just imagine if one area is so complex, would you leave the postal system in the hands of inexperienced (just educated but inexperienced) people? You are already aware of the quality of the normal post graduates and graduates of the country.

4. The wages of the postal employees is very low and they are understaffed. This department is over-worked and underpayed. Anyone who visits a post office on daily basis would agree to this.

I support the strike though my business would be highly affected due to the strike.
Message 10 of 23
latest reply