Incured loss in selling and buying thru bay

farida5252
Community Member
:-(I had sold my item in auction.I stay in Mumbai,a lady from Delhi sent me a cheque.I didn't even wait for her cheque to clear and sent her my product.The cheque bounced and the lady on sending a notice not even bother to send another cheque.
I had bidded for an item.I sent a cheque of rs 200,which got cleared[Ican prove that to anyone who objects],but the person from Delhi again totally denies of recieving the cheque.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

vibhamall
Community Member
hii farida
in ur first case it was totally your fault as u not wait uptill the clearence of pament, hence i think ebay wont help u in this case
but, in ur next case report the problem to ebay and trace where the cheque is cleared i.e. in whose account the cheque is credited.
thanks
vibhamall:-D
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

atulnc1
Community Member
1)YOU CAN ALWAYS LAUNCH A COMPLAIN IN THE POLICE FOR CHQ BOUNCE(IT IS A OFFENCE)
2)YOU CAN TRACK THE CHQ IN THE COURIER COMPANY,ALSO CHECK WHETHER MONEY HAS BEEN DEDUCTED FROM YOUR ACCOUNT,IF YES,THAN THAT MUCH PROOF IS ENOUGH FOR EBAY TO FILE A "ITEM NOT RECEIVED DISPUTE". AND YOU MAY RECEIVE YOUR MONEY BACK.
REMEMBER YOU CAN GET AN AMOUNT OF RS 9950/-(MAX) FROM EBAY,GENERALLY IT IS 10,000 BUT 50/- RS IS THE SERVICE CHARGE.
REGARDS,
ATUL
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Dear farida5252,

First don't send the product until the payment is realised. Any one can block a cheque for stop payment if he/she gets a product before the payment.

On your second question, you can print out the account details/ pass book in which the cheque you have sent is debited from your account. Also if you have taken a carbon copy of the cheque, then you can also report Item Not Received ---------------
With Regards,
Snrama 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 4 of 4
latest reply