How to get State Forms?

Hello,

I am a seller on ebay and registered with Powership. Can some body tell me, how do I get the state forms required for UP?

Once I get an order placed from someone in UP, I print out all the documents required, viz, Order Statement, Shipping Declaration, manifest and shipping labels. Is that sufficient to ship to UP or I need to get any other thing?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How to get State Forms?

If you are shipping heavy items that need to be shipped by Ground  & if the value is above Rs 10000 , then you need to worry about state Sales tax Entry Forms.

I have shipped lot of items to UP (high value Tabs too)(all light weight --less than 500 gm ) both by Bluedart/Fedex . I have not heard of any Forms? who is asking you to submit ? what Form ??

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

How to get State Forms?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. That information helps me a lot. Basically, I only ship very light items (250 - 500 gms) through Bluedart or Fedex. Seems, I do not need any such forms, like the ones for UP (Form 38/39).

Many people are speaking of this requirement on this forum but exact criteria of using these forms is not provided.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

How to get State Forms?

Hi,

You can look at this link. eBay Powership people provided me this link after I asked them the same question:

http://www.bluedart.com/regulatory.html

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

How to get State Forms?

If you ask Courier or eBay -they will say --Adhere to Regulations. They wont commit saying that "you dont need forms". It is your goods.If it gets struck in some Remote Sales Tax check post --that is your problem-Not theirs!!

Thumb Rule for any entry Form for Any state------Ground shipping -No required Stae Entry Form -Don't ship! (Especially High value products)

By Air & if the package is (voulmetric size ) not too big, it will not attract attention from Road side Sales Tax Check post (when the courier is crossing by Bike/ Mini Van) & Octroi check post in Maharashtra.

No Buyer is going to provide any Form. It is a leap of Faith for ther seller. It works till it works !!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply