cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are sellers able to remove feedback without the proper process?

I have been noticing few top rated sellers since 1 month.

They have a very clean feedback of 100%

My question is by 14:16 the seller gives a Neutral feedback and by 14:35 the feedback is removed.

Within this time I did not see the buyer leave a follow up comment to remove feedback or if he has sent an email to customer care to remove the feedback he left 15 mins back then how was this so quick?

This is cheating on EBAY EMPLOYEE side. Who is this employee in ebay that is removing feedback for Top Rated Sellers?

I mean if you want to support these top rated sellers only then why do you need us?

THIS IS A SERIOUS ACCUSATION FROM MY SIDE AND I CAN PROVIDE THE SELLER ID. YOU CHECK AND TELL ME HOW DOES THIS SELLER HAVE A CLEAN RECORD AND HOW ARE HIS FEEDBACK REMOVED SO QUICKLY?

IF YOU WANT ME TO TAKE SCREENSHOT THEN GIVE ME 24 HOURS, I WILL GET IT FOR YOU.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I assure you this that no employee of ebay in this, there are many policies in which there are many conditions under which you can get feedback removed.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Your surprise is with reasons. I also second your suspicion. eBay may have a hidden policy to help retain longstanding sellers. There may not be any individual behind this. But must be accounts manager or head of TRUST & Safety Team.

I sold costly Camera and found my ID blocked before the buyer could make payment at first time....that was in 2005 or 2006...I left eBay havingsame suspicion.( returned again only in 2011).that some one is there to help some big camera stores by shunting small sellers.

Very recently I sold a NIKON Camera for about Rs.32000/=. I got a mail "MC147 Notice: Administrative Bid Cancellation-FVC Request  "from ebay warning me to verify the credentials of the buyer before shipping. I contacted Customer Care and was advised not to ship. I again contacted CC after 4 hours and I was clearly told that there was policy violation by buyer and hence not to ship. But curiously I never received any mail advising me not to ship nor the buyer ID was blocked. I did not ship. But eBay proceeded as usual as with any other sales and asking for shipping status etc  and then auto refund  etc...So I insisted eBay to confirm the oral advise at least by 3 emails. I never received any confirmation.

I have very strong suspicion that eBay has some loopholes and plays some tantrum at weaker sellers and favours a few.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Mycorte Sir

I dont know whats going on, but I have been monitoring a few top sellers. In those I have seen a top rated seller get daily at least 5 negative or neutral feedback but strangly the feedback does not stay long.

I noticed that on Sunday night the seller had 2 negative feedback but before Monday was over the feedback got removed. Also if you check these Top Sellers items that they are selling then its a 50rs item selling at 200 + Free Shipping.

Either many sellers like us are unlucky that we get customers who do not want to remove negative feedback inspite of getting a refund along with free item or these Top Sellers are Very Very Lucky.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hello

Can you share some of the negative feedback that was left?

Was the negative feedback related to product quality or shipping?

If the seller has powership enabled negative feedbacks related to shipping can be automatically removed!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

there are many condition under which feedback can be removed .

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Ok, I guess I am wrong all those product quality negative feedback got removed as per process.

I think those sellers are lucky to have 10,000+ positive feedback with zero negative feedback.

My Bad

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

yes surely some employees are playing games to favour some sellers.i just noticed a seller with 88% feedback with listings at top visibility.while he should have been blocked for such poor feedback.Favous are definately going on ebay.in

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

hi there are some certain reasons to remove feedback. But there are some supports from ebay to some sellers as they dipute accounts manager for them. But some of the seller like us are unlucky as there is no support for us. As I am a silver powerseller with 98.7% positive feedback. My feedback rating is which is above rated, but I am getting e-mail from ebay that they put my rating as below standard from past two months where I am meeting all the requirements for above rated. Really bad luck.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

please remove my negative feedback
Message 10 of 10
latest reply