Help on Using Community Boards

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello Everybody,

A warm welcome to the community discussion boards.

Community boards are a great place where users come together and discuss various issues, both related and not related to eBay. In the process, they gain from each other’s knowledge, share their success and disappointments, help others, make friends and most importantly have fun.

This is a place where eBay India users can sit and relax while spending time on their various eBay activities.

Here is some quick help on using the community boards, and making your posts more interesting and personlised.

To interact on these boards, you will need to register first - it's easy and free! Also, please take the time to read and familiarise yourself with the eBay Board Usage Policies on http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/everyone-boards.html

How to read posts
To be a guest and simply read discussions, or "lurk", you do not have to log on. Simply click on the discussion topic you are interested in reading. However, if you sign in, you get to see all the new and updated posts since your last visit.

How to log on
On the Community page, on your top right hand side, you have a button for sign in. Similarly in every board, on the top there is a button to sign in. You can use your existing eBay user id and password to log on.
By signing in you get to see all the posts that are new or updated since your last visit. If you do not have an eBay User ID, you will need to register

How to post a new message
Sign in to the boards and either scroll down to the bottom of the page or click the "Post Message" button in the toolbar and then type your message into the text box. If you want to add special formatting such as bold, italics, bullets, etc. or insert links or images, you can use regular HTML tags in this text box or use the shortcuts given in the post message button box.
When you are ready, click the "Post Message". The page will then reload and your message will appear with the others.

How to use spell check
Prior to clicking "Post Message," you can check the spelling in your message. Simply click the "Check Spelling” (ABC with a tick mark) button on top of the text box where you've been typing. When you are ready, click the "Post Message" button.

How to start a new discussion
When you want to start a new discussion, click the "Post Topic" button at the top of the chat board page. You must be logged in to the boards to see this button.

How To Navigate Through A Discussion
To navigate between the pages click the previous or next tab on bottom of the page

To get to the last posts, click the "See last Post" button at the bottom of the last post on your list.

If you are not able to see beyond the first message, just hit on the page number and you will be able to see the whole page and the messages.

Watches, Settings and Search Functionality
Watches: To keep an eye on the discussion of your interest, you can choose to watch the discussion. This will ensure that you are mailed whenever any response is made on the watched post.

Settings: Create your own signature; customize it according to your personality. You can use HTML to make your signature more personal. To get some cool HTML tips check this out: http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewUserPage&userid=mr_plopster

Search: Search and Advanced search functionality gives you the ability to search for all the posts made by a particular member, date wise or topic wise.

Glossary of Terms
A Discussion is a collection of messages on the same topic. Discussions are also known as "threads." You can post messages in a discussion, or click "Add Topic" to begin a new discussion, if you don't find an existing one that fits what you want to talk about.
A Post is a message made to a discussion by a member who is logged on.

If you have any questions, please Contact Customer Support at http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_inline/index.html

Warm Regards
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 210
latest reply
209 REPLIES 209

amol_m_s
Community Member
Following Question is regarding Buy option.
Is it possible to have a two dimensional sorting ?
Something like Time:ending soonest & Price : Lowest first at the same time ?
Message 21 of 210
latest reply

aakash@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello amol_m_s,

One way to sort listings both by ending soon and lowest price is using the sort functionality and then the ending soon option on the left side of the page.

1st select the sort by option for lowest price. Then on the left side of the page under "Search options" select the listings "Ending within" option. This will give you listings sorted by price and ending soonest.

Regards,
Aakash
Product Management Team
Message 22 of 210
latest reply

the-valiance-house
Community Member
I WANT TO KNOW THAT: WHEN POSTING ANY PRODUCT ON THE INTERNATIONAL LISTING, WHETHER I HAVE TO PAY IN ADVANCE THE FEE CHARGES OR AFTER GETTING AN ORDER.
Message 23 of 210
latest reply

gnanasunitha
Community Member
hello sapana,Respected Sir/medam, I Have Gone Through The Web Site Very To Have A Site Like E Bay The Concept Is Very Good It Creates Lot Part Time empolyee In India.But After Going Through The Discussion Boards I am Realy Coffusied Wether We Can Do This Business Conffidently & Genuinly.Will It TakeInvestment To Start The Business.
Waiting For YourImmediate Reply,
N.Sathya Prakash
Message 24 of 210
latest reply

ashok44_in1
Community Member
Hello Everybody,
I have a querry on the procedure of receiving payment from international buyers who have successfuly completed a deal on Ebay(India).
This is from my personal experience. I had suggested to my buyer to use "Paisa Pay" for the transaction but then he informed back that "Paisa Pay" does not support the transaction in his country. Now I also cannot use "Paypal" for this purpose as it does not support the payment to sellers in India.
To facilitate a smooth transaction in such a situation, a correct procedure may be evolved.

ashok44_in1
Message 25 of 210
latest reply

comercant_in1
Community Member
dear Sir,

I belong to the era of Baazee .com, and that was pretty bad too. And looking at all the remarks and bad experience that other buyers have had, I think India, is not the right Country, or that this is not the right timing for auction sites to operate. I am an NRI and have seen such auction sites elsewhere also, my opinion about them is that most of them want their commission this way or that way, what happens to the consumer, is ultimately not their problem so long as they have collected their end users fee and forthcoming commissions.
comercant_in1
Message 26 of 210
latest reply

comercant_in1
Community Member
Dear Sir/s
Indeed, there must be other procedures when you enrol a new member. I would suggest some IDENTIFICATION OR ELECTORAL CARD attestation.
1. A NEW SUBSCRIBER MUST HAVE HIS OR HER
OWN, ATLEAST TWO CATEGORIES OF THE FOLLOWING AS HIS/HER
OWNERSHIP.
a. HOUSE
B. PHONE BILLS
C. BANK ACCOUNT
D. PASSPORT
E. ELECTORAL CARD
F. INCOME TAX SUBMITTER
G. OTHER LEGAL DOCUMENTS

and

IN THE ABSENCE OF ANY ONE OF ABOVE THAT SECOND CATEGORY MUST BE SUBSTITUTED BY ANY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING

A. DRIVERS LICENCE
B. FIRST CLASS MAGISTRATES CERTIFICATE STATING AND
ATTESTING TO HIS CURRENT ADDRESS AND CHARACTER
CERTIFICATE FROM THE GRAM PANCHAYAT OF HIS
TOWNSHIP.
C. A GUARANTEE FROM A PASSPORT AND PROPERTY HOLDER
IN INDIA, GUARANTEEING ON A STAMP PAPER UPTO THE
VALUE OF RS.20,000/- (I AM SURE A GOOD PERSON WITH
DEEDS CAN EASILY OBTAIN SUCH A GUARANTEE, ATTESTED
IN FRONT OF A JUDGE ON STAMP PAPER WITH TWO
WITNESSES ATLEAST, PROMISING TO INDEMNIFY
EBAY.CO.IN, SHOULD THE INTERESTED MEMBER NOT HONOUR
ANY OF HIS COMMITMENTS WITH EITHER AN EXPLANATION
OR PRESENCE, OR MATERIALS PROMISED THROUGH EBAY.IN
WITHIN 90 DAYS OF TRANSACTIONS ORDERS HAVING BEEN
PLACED. EBAY.IN, WHOULD THEN ACKNOWLEDGE BY WRITING
BACK TO THE GUARANTOR, ASKING HIM TO PLEASE
ACKNOWLEDGE, THAT HE SIGNED SUCH A GUARANTUEE,
WHICH CAN BE VALIDATED ONLY IF HE REPLIED TO THIS
MAIL, TO CHECK THE AUTHENTICITY, AND HE MUST REPLY
AND HE BE ASKED TO LET TWO OF HIS NEIGHBOURS KNOWN
TO HIM ALSO SIGN AS ATTESTORS, THAT HE LIVES THERE,
FAILURE TO COMPLY THE INTEREST WOULD BE DENIED
MEMBERSHIP.

OR TO CUT THE MATTER SHORT EACH YEAR, A POTENTIAL SUBSCRIBER, MUST DEPOSIT A REFUNDABLE FEE OF RUPEES FIVE HUNDRED, IN THE EVENT THAT HE DOES NOT COMPLY WITH THE SECOND REQUIREMENT.(ON THE SPOT REQUIREMENT IN FIRST YEAR BE RS. 2,000/-) WHETHER HE DOES TRADING OR NOT.

IF HE DEFAULTS MORE THAN TWO PAYMENTS, HIS SUBSCRIPTION IS STOPPED (MEMBERSHIP).

comercant_in1
Message 27 of 210
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have few suggestions for improvement of eBay:
1) Final Value Fee from the Sellers should be charged only after completion of the transaction. It will save time spent by both the seller and eBay Customer Support in reporting unpaid items, opening/closing/settling of disputes.
2) Privilage Club Membership as earlier on Baazee should be restarted to avoide sell to bogus buyers who place orders by bogus registration.
3) Newly registered person should be allowed to buy/sell only after one week of registration after verifying his particulars.
4) eBay Customer Support should ensure that buyers paying through PaisaPay should get the product/refund within one week.
Message 28 of 210
latest reply

amitbhawani
Community Member
Sir,i joined as a affiliate through CJ.I got leads regularly during my starting period,But now iam having confirmed mails saying that 126 ids were created through my links.I didn't get the commision which would have been-
126*0.7$=88.2$
When will i recieve it???
Will i ever recieve it???
amitpatel_3001@yahoo.com
Message 29 of 210
latest reply

tehseenalam
Community Member
Dear sir,
I am requesting to you please i tried many time for sell my item. but some Nigerian held my item. they sent me msg. i purchased your item please send your item for this NIGERIAN address. while i am not interested shipping to Nigeria but they always held my item. someone tell me mostly NIGERIAN doing Fraud on Ebay. please take legally action and save NEW SELLER or USER at EBAY.IN. thanks
Message 30 of 210
latest reply