Help on Using Community Boards

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello Everybody,

A warm welcome to the community discussion boards.

Community boards are a great place where users come together and discuss various issues, both related and not related to eBay. In the process, they gain from each other’s knowledge, share their success and disappointments, help others, make friends and most importantly have fun.

This is a place where eBay India users can sit and relax while spending time on their various eBay activities.

Here is some quick help on using the community boards, and making your posts more interesting and personlised.

To interact on these boards, you will need to register first - it's easy and free! Also, please take the time to read and familiarise yourself with the eBay Board Usage Policies on http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/everyone-boards.html

How to read posts
To be a guest and simply read discussions, or "lurk", you do not have to log on. Simply click on the discussion topic you are interested in reading. However, if you sign in, you get to see all the new and updated posts since your last visit.

How to log on
On the Community page, on your top right hand side, you have a button for sign in. Similarly in every board, on the top there is a button to sign in. You can use your existing eBay user id and password to log on.
By signing in you get to see all the posts that are new or updated since your last visit. If you do not have an eBay User ID, you will need to register

How to post a new message
Sign in to the boards and either scroll down to the bottom of the page or click the "Post Message" button in the toolbar and then type your message into the text box. If you want to add special formatting such as bold, italics, bullets, etc. or insert links or images, you can use regular HTML tags in this text box or use the shortcuts given in the post message button box.
When you are ready, click the "Post Message". The page will then reload and your message will appear with the others.

How to use spell check
Prior to clicking "Post Message," you can check the spelling in your message. Simply click the "Check Spelling” (ABC with a tick mark) button on top of the text box where you've been typing. When you are ready, click the "Post Message" button.

How to start a new discussion
When you want to start a new discussion, click the "Post Topic" button at the top of the chat board page. You must be logged in to the boards to see this button.

How To Navigate Through A Discussion
To navigate between the pages click the previous or next tab on bottom of the page

To get to the last posts, click the "See last Post" button at the bottom of the last post on your list.

If you are not able to see beyond the first message, just hit on the page number and you will be able to see the whole page and the messages.

Watches, Settings and Search Functionality
Watches: To keep an eye on the discussion of your interest, you can choose to watch the discussion. This will ensure that you are mailed whenever any response is made on the watched post.

Settings: Create your own signature; customize it according to your personality. You can use HTML to make your signature more personal. To get some cool HTML tips check this out: http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewUserPage&userid=mr_plopster

Search: Search and Advanced search functionality gives you the ability to search for all the posts made by a particular member, date wise or topic wise.

Glossary of Terms
A Discussion is a collection of messages on the same topic. Discussions are also known as "threads." You can post messages in a discussion, or click "Add Topic" to begin a new discussion, if you don't find an existing one that fits what you want to talk about.
A Post is a message made to a discussion by a member who is logged on.

If you have any questions, please Contact Customer Support at http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_inline/index.html

Warm Regards
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 210
latest reply
209 REPLIES 209

Hi,
To start,you dont pay anything.You have to have a bank account in an Indian bank that is included in ebays cache of banks and get registered with PaisaPay,because mostly you will receive payments by PaisaPay NEFT transfer.If you dont understand the formalities,you post your concern.Other members will help you.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 151 of 210
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
Can we post pictures in our posts? If yes, then how?
Message 152 of 210
latest reply

bikash2815
Community Member
Hi

I have purchased to rings with Item Id 260365789123 & 260365790642 from suashishexport, Both the items turned out to be fake and since i used ebay first time i did not know the 45 days period resolution.
The window passed, i contacted the seller he said he will return my money back after i return him both the ring. I sent him the ring back but he is not transferring my money,Beware of the seller. Whole ebay thing is fraud avoid using it and you will save your hard earned money. Buy from Amazon as they have lot more transparency and ethics than ebay

Regards
Bikash
Message 153 of 210
latest reply

macshil61
Community Member
Hi,
I'm a new member to the blog and as a new member to Ebay recently.
I want to relate a recent unpleasant experience with a Seller. I had chosen a Bluetooth Stereo headset ST-199 and when it arrived I was disappointed. It just would not pair with any mobile with any of the codes the Seller gave me over phone. I realised that this is just another expensive chinese dud. I despatched it back immediately. Even though the Seller kept on insisting that it's a good set, but no warranty as it's chinese and I have no choice but to keep it.
After the Seller received the returned Item I filed for Refund. And this was contested as the Seller insists on three options for me. 1. To only get refund outside of Ebay by sending him my Bank account no. And that he would deduct all his expences. 2. That I should take a higher priced branded set from him and make up the differences. 3. I take back the returned set as he claims it's working fine.

Then I oped a case with Ebay contesting the Seller as I am no more prepared for the buying process. And I have put onhold all my Ebay transactions till the matter is resolved by them. As I have read all the rules and I trusted Paisa pay And I have done all that the Ebay team have asked of me.

I would welcome any member feedback on this and their own experiences. Thank you.
Message 154 of 210
latest reply

macshil61
Community Member
Hi,
I'm a new member to the blog and as a new member to Ebay recently.
I want to relate a recent unpleasant experience with a Seller. I had chosen a Bluetooth Stereo headset ST-199 and when it arrived I was disappointed. It just would not pair with any mobile with any of the codes the Seller gave me over phone. I realised that this is just another expensive chinese dud. I despatched it back immediately. Even though the Seller kept on insisting that it's a good set, but no warranty as it's chinese and I have no choice but to keep it.
After the Seller received the returned Item I filed for Refund. And this was contested as the Seller insists on three options for me. 1. To only get refund outside of Ebay by sending him my Bank account no. And that he would deduct all his expences. 2. That I should take a higher priced branded set from him and make up the differences. 3. I take back the returned set as he claims it's working fine.

Then I oped a case with Ebay contesting the Seller as I am no more prepared for the buying process. And I have put onhold all my Ebay transactions till the matter is resolved by them. As I have read all the rules and I trusted Paisa pay And I have done all that the Ebay team have asked of me.

I would welcome any member feedback on this and their own experiences. Thank you.
Message 155 of 210
latest reply

pda-cafe
Community Member
hi,
My first Question to Ebay:

Are your sellers aware of the fact that "inrswebhelp@ebay.com" doesnt receive the attachments that you send to them.
For the very first claim ever raised on my account, i received the email form trust and saftery as below:

Thank you for responding with regards to claim # 1692772.

In order to further investigate this claim, we ask that you please
provide us the following document:

1) Proof of Shipping - any postage or shipping receipts, tracking
information, or any other documentation or evidence you may have that
shows the merchandise was appropriately shipped to the buyer.

2) Proof of Merchandise.

The acceptable evidence can be:

- Copy of Title
- Copy of Bill of Sale
- Copy of Receipts
- Copy of Agreement with Supplier
- Copy of Shipping Invoice

You can fax the requested document to:

Please send the attached documentation to this email address:

mnl.sea@ebay.com

after sening them the email WITH ALL DETAILS. I wait and and a month later eabay settles the claim in favour of the buyer stating that i havent responded !!!!.
when i inquired aBout the emails i had sent to them with th e attachment this is the response.
Inrswebhelp@ebay.com: we cannot receive any attachments, they get deleted." oops Ebay: you never told me this.
On the other email id they said: "we cannot trace your email Also what you have sent on the mnl.sea@ebay.com cannot be traced"

this way i meet the dead end . thats my "Trust and Safety - Headon Accident".

Finaly: this is the best on that proved to me that they actually donet read the email and definately dont action on them when they do read.
I was asked to pay a sum of money as Purchase protection claim on 9th of MAy. which i did pay and the cheque was cleared from my bank on this monthe 16th Jun.
on 25th June, I receive another email from them Asking to pay , this was the replica of the same email that i had received earlier on may 9th.
Thats Ebay Trust and Saftey - Head-on accident.

Now the seller:
Firstly he did not pay for the shipping insurance WHICH WAS OFFERED as optional but expected me to pay for the loss. my refusal earned me a negative Rating, Obviously.

then he got his assocaite to buy an item and leave another negative feedback. Thats feeback extortion. he got away with theat . ebay took no action on that

Finally he raised the false claim "Item significantally not as descbribed " instead of "Not received" and got his claim passed because of our so called "Trust and Saftey -my Headon accident".

that's my story of Ebay
I think i should go off this portal where the so called trust and safetry team doesnt even look into the merit of the case and just passes an ad-hoc claim.

lastly dont waste your time contacting the helpline.
they are like toothless tiger, can roar but can make any kill or imapct on the case.

Need your views on as to how should someone at ebay be woken up and shaken up to get their attention on this.

its a fantastic trading platform where genuine sellers like me and you have place until some smart buyer puts us up IN FRONT OF TRUST AND SAFTEY- "Headon Accident"

Regards
vijay

eBAY: Knock.... Knock.... Anybody there
Message 156 of 210
latest reply

ice-maiden6
Community Member
Ok so I'm new to selling on ebay and all im trying to do is sell 1 item. I login I hit the sell a item button which takes me to a form page to fill in. I fill it in but after uploading the first photo successfully I try to upload more and in a separate window it asks me to login in, so I do with my correct details and it will not let me in. WHY? I have even tried changing my password but guess what? That don't work either. I have managed to fill the whole form out correctly only once but when clicking the "SAVE and PREVIEW" button it just opens up the "INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT OPEN THIS PAGE" "DIAGNOS CONNECTION PROBLEM" I clearly have no connection problem with anything else only the selling on ebay. So guys! Whats the problem?
Message 157 of 210
latest reply

rjc188
Community Member
PaisaPay Overcharged My Account

I sent several e-mails about an issue with ebay.in so called PaisaPay. I talked with an e-bay customer support person who was unable to help me in this matter. I also attempted several times, through e-mails, to contact someone at paisapay who would be able to help me in this matter as well. So far no ONE has been able to help me and I have spent over 6 days on the phone and e-mailing everyone. The phone number for customer support does NOT work in the USA. The on line chat - DOES NOT work for me on my computer. I still have not been contacted or the money taken out of my account retuned as I have asked. I have ASKED for another contact number other than (1-800- 209-3229)

08/25/2009 DBT CRD 0606 -08/25/09 78018344 ($196.47)
EBAY.IN (PAISAPAY)
MUMBAI
Card# 798028

08/25/2009 DBT CRD 0606 -08/25/09 72018344 ($196.47)
EBAY.IN (PAISAPAY)
MUMBAI
Card# 798028

08/25/2009 DBT CRD 0606 -08/25/09 76018344 ($196.47)
EBAY.IN (PAISAPAY)
MUMBAI
Card# 798028

08/25/2009 DBT CRD 0606 -08/25/09 70018344 ($196.47)
EBAY.IN (PAISAPAY)
MUMBAI
Card# 798028

Please note the above information was taken from my bank statement:
5 STAR Bank in Geneseo New York USA.
I CAN BE CONTACTED AT: 1-585-750-2674

You can clearly see that 4 transactions were performed on the 25th of August deducting a total of $785.88. I purchased a necklace from e-bay seller priyajewwls on Aug. 23, 2009. The item # is 170372722367 purchased for $194.17 USD.

There should be only ONE deduction for $194.17 USD paid to priyajewwls for the above item.

How did Paisapay remove the additional $589.41 dollars from my account when it does NOT show I was overcharged on my invoice?

WHO at Paisapay makes the money transactions when the customers are paying?
Message 158 of 210
latest reply

revolg98
Community Member
I bought an item back in April. It was a cd that was supposed to contain every Transformers comic to date. I was not aware of the 45 day period so by the time it got to the point I wanted to open a case it was to late.

I read maybe one or two per night. When I got to UK issue 128. I got a disk read error, also for every following issue. The US issues never worked. I had sent emails to the seller telling him about the errors and all I got from him was it worked for me.

I was not aware of the 45 day limit so, when I finally decided talking to him would get me nowhere and to ask for a refund or a new disk, it was to late to open a case. Also this person as far as I can tell is no longer a seller here. I have tried further emails to him but have received no reply. I feel both he and Ebay have ripped me off.

Also in an unrelated subject I listed 5 items during the free every 30 day period. After the auctions closed unsold I found I owed over $5.
Message 159 of 210
latest reply

premlalrai2009
Community Member
I bid for a diamond pendant and was the highest bidder. But, inspite of depositing cash in the account of the seller I have failed to receive the item till date and there is no response from the seller.
Message 160 of 210
latest reply