cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Identify original British India 1917 2 Ruppes 8 Annas Banknote

ratnachhaya
Community Member
Hi,

I need some help in identifying originality of British India 1917 banknote of 2 ruppes 8 annas (Rs 2 & 8 Annas).

Since I have seen some fake floating around, I need any and all checks (watermark, size, color and any test) to distinguish between original and fake.

Appreciate your help.

Prashant
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Just Google for it.

---------------------------- Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hi,
That is a very costly item.
I have located 3 notes,bad condition,but I am also in the same boat as you are in.I am afraid to buy.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi ratnachhaya,

Please refer to the following image for a quick guide on identifying an original 2/8 british note. Thanks to numisczar for sharing this!

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

ratnachhaya
Community Member
Thanks Sapana & numisczar. These pictorial reply is most valuable as I was able to find out few things in no time.

I have located 5 of these notes and hoping to end bargain at 50-70K each. Since I was suspicious noting that with such difficulty in finding one, five together must be fakes.

Will check all these and update here later weekend. Hope I will get and put these up for auction on ebay.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

A10 No 731531 this no of note 2rupees 8 annas is genuine or not ?
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

shuvamajum
Community Member
sir, i have a old british india 5 rs. Note dated 24th june 1871. But when i have checked on internet, i saw ,two people has same two note, infact the note number is same . My note is damaged . But i cann't understand,whether my note is original or fake.is it possible ,three notes have same note number? Sir please help me.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

hello sir

i have same  two rupees and eight anna  note "" A ""series...i feel its  genuine but sometime  i think may be it a zerox  copy.....i have question that  is there any different ?  can we  find  between original and zerox copy.?/... in zerox  can we    find  water mark  as same as in original note pl answer me...???.....prakash adeshara

Message 8 of 8
latest reply