HUGE RISK LOOPHOLE IN DIRECT SHIPMENT.

There is a huge loophole in ebay direct shipping program and anyone can rob you of your hard earned money.

I am from a small city with no powership option as fedex and aramex do not have office here. So I did my own tie up with cheap and steady DTDC.

Initially I took up ebay selling as a hobby, got serious for a while and then came the frauds and suddenly I'm thinking about winding it all up for good. Here's why :

Buyers who have received their product with the shipment status delivered can still open an ebay guarantee claim that they have not received it yet.

In last one month alone I have received 4 ebay guarantee claims of the same. And even though the status is showing delivered with sign, the ebay team will not agree to you and ask you to arrange Delivery Run Sheet. I had to make at least 10-12 calls here and there to arrange for DRS for the first such complaint. The sheet was signed by the buyer himself. The claim closed in my favor. But next time same thing happened, my franchise told me its not possible for him to arrange drs as there is no central database for it, it has to be manually arranged from branch to branch and he does not have that much time. So his responsibility ceased there and I lost the case even though the item was delivered. I got another 2 cases which are open and I hopelessly know that I'm again going to lose my item and my money.

Beware direct sellers. go for powership to avoid this hassle.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

very true, this happens many time to me also. i adopted powership, but i am a new seller i still have to direct shipping. yes it is very difficult to arrange DRS  all the time, i got same reply from dtdc. 

this is really bad, ruinning my business one froud sale eating my 4 items profit. but i am helpless. sad

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

yes there are lot of loopholes while selling on ebay. anyone can cheat easily via item not received case and 90% times, sellers are helpless. ebay customer representatives does not do anything except sending standard messages. 

POWERSHIP: yes powership is a good solution to this problem but also , there are low of problems in powership. the major issue in powership is excess weight. they charge you too much for even small weighted items with less volumetric weight. say if you sell 10 piece pendrives in a single transaction, you will be charged 2KG and even more(in case of bluedart). so be ready to face excess weight problem when you opt for powership

Message 3 of 3
latest reply