HUGE Ebay fees force us to sell expensive

android.curve1
Community Member
Dear co-sellers,

We are facing problems in selling branded goods,

The MRP and Dealer price diffrance has been narrowed already as most of brands want to save import duties as now all import duties are based on MRP,

We have only 5% diffrance betn MRP and Buying price,

And when we list product no matter its cheaper or expensive one ebay has similer fees structure thats almost 8% and shipping and packing and insurance charges

We need to add almost 15% to cover packing shipping and insurance and products gets way too expensive and most of the time gets more than MRP for buyers,

Most of cases we get negative feedbacks for the same or need to refund buyers and ebay is always happy and growing bigger without any concern on these things,

This is serious issue and i hope most of sellers face the same,

Need your help to put this issue and also press ebay to change paisapay fees structure for expensive goods like laptops or products above 5000 to create diffrent fees structure like

1st 5000 rs fees 5%

5000- 10000 rs 3%

100000 to 50000 rs 2%

50000 and above 1%

Regards
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

HUGE Ebay fees force us to sell expensive

gizmobhai
Community Member
there was time when i used to sell laptops aggressively. realised i have been losing money and only have been making ebay rich and buyers happy. So gave up selling the entire segment altogether.

you are going through the same phase. i wont be surprised to see you selling pouches and scratch guards soon.

Unless ebay does something about the charges, most buyers would head towards Flipkart for their expensive purchases and will restrict their purchases on ebay for only low value items or on discount coupons..

ALso most high value sellers will sooner or later give up selling high value items as the risk vis-avis returns simply does not make sense

Ebay is lucky to have their own payment gateway such as Paisapay. Other companies such as Flipkart have to pay through their nose for that. if ebay wants, it can take the wind out of Flipkart sales by crashing their paisapay charges from 4.5% to say 1%. they can wipe out compeittion and expand online market like anything.

I wish ebay hires me. i can give a trick or two on how to take on the compeittion

best of luck for all us sellers!!!
Message 2 of 2
latest reply