GST registration as individual

Hi, has anyone tried registering as an individual on the GST site? The first form asks for "Legal name of business (as on PAN card)". Obviously as an individual selling a couple of used items a month I don't have a business! So do individuals have to withdraw from ebay? Are there any other platforms that can serve the purpose?  My buyers have been overseas so far. Many thanks!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

How to apply as individual. Kindly send me link

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Original poster here. I got the "Temporary Registration Number (TRN)", but on filling Form-B I am unable to complete even page 1 (Business details) as it wants company name, registration date, proof of setting up company, etc. I think individuals cannot sell any more as casual sellers on e-commerce sites like eBay. We may have to see how classidieds siites like OLX deal with this.
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

In the legal name of business, you must write your own name since you will fall under sole proprietor business. There is separate field for trade name where you can write your business name although I think it's optional.

For individuals there is no need to provide company details therefore you must not worry about it. However as far as I know, you will first have to apply for Shop and Establishment Act Licence and use it to obtain GST.
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

for individual you can wirght your name

your name is your company  because you do business in your name like collect money in your account or cans or your savings account

and in bank details you submit your savings account details

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

The address proof of business place can I give electricity bill which is in my grand father's name . may I mark it as own ,shared,rent,leased,or any other.my home and my working place are same

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

You can't give electricity bill if it's in your grandfather's name. Better get yourself a rent agreement. That will be the best thing to do.
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I find that uploading a document for proof of constituting the "business" in mandatory on the first page itself... what sort of document can a asual individual upload?

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Shop and Establishment Act Licence is what you will need. The fee of which will come around Rs 3000.
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Shop and Establishment Act Licence is in existance for a long time. If it was neccessary then all online portals would have asked for it along with vat etc. Shop and Establishment Act Licence is required if you want to open a physical commercial shop.

You will also require it if you own a ecommerce site where you have a payment getway to accept payments.

Right now we sellers are just selling on portals which we dont own it, we are just sellers on it.

Plz correct me if Iam wrong

Message 10 of 19
latest reply