cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fradulent buyer leaving negative review & claiming for refund unnecessarily

buyer called me & wanted me to transfer 1000 rupees to his account else threatened to leave negative

review, spoil my DSR & also claim for refund by damaging item.
I told him i wont be doing that as its against ebay policy & it isnt recommended by the customer care
as its making a transaction outside of ebay.
Also, it isnt my fault he should expect some signs of wear when i first called him he only told me a
problem that was there was on one corner slightly the paint had come out i told him it should be
expected since its a used item & it was just a sign of wear but he said if i didnt transfer the money
he would put a wrong claim which would damage my reputation which he is doing right now .
The only problem that he's having is he doesn't like the item as he's probably a reseller who wont get more than what he paid & now that the next generation tablet is released he realised to sell it & as i don't accept returns he's removing
unnecessary faults. The buyer shouldn't have used tablet if the condition of the item wasn't  satisfactory to him & should have called me immediately. He has put his sim card & is using the tablet which is further cause me problems if i am to sell it
again. I had invested 1500 rupees into this tablet as i wanted customer satisfaction by shipping with Fedex by priority overnight with insurance & also had gotten it factory resetted & cleaned by the service center the cost which i will have to pay again if he returns the tablet now in this state. There are no problems in the tablet which i have been using since the past
8 months & this product still has 4 months warranty left.
The item was in perfect working condition when shipped & works like new as described by my listing.
Overall condition is brand new; the software is factory resetted & the screen has no scratches.
The tablet is new on the front & back too. There is no defect in the item & only one side has a minor sign of wear a black mark on the silver lining which should be accepted by the buyer since it is an 8 month old item & as he has bought it from the used category. Also he should have called me & asked for more pictures of the tablet before buying the item.

CS is probably gonna rule in his favour due to Buyer guarentee & i feel cheated. Selling it again will be near impossible as he has damaged my item to get refund. Dont know what to do.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

charges are ok , but somethings must be for sellers also,like feedback removal resolution , if seller agrees for refund , a resolution should be opened by seller where he shows willingness for refund,buyers should be refunded only if its trackable .in both cases feedbacks should be removed as seller had provided a resolution.even if buyer returns for refund or keeps it if he dosent want to return.as many fraud buyers are giving negs for free products.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I agree with him 100%. Few experienced misguided mischievous buyers resort to this because the eBay has a policy not to remove negative feedback unless the buyer agrees. As long as this provision is there, the ordeal of the sellers will continue and the eBay may wake up only when they find many sellers withdraw from eBay. The claims settled in favour of seller but eBay refuses to remove negative feedback....It is really ridiculous.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If a Claim is Settled in Favour of Seller then the Negative Feedback can be removed as a New Ebay Policy. Email inlogistics to have these feedback removed. Also please refer to the Announcement section for policy update.

P.S I too have had to deal with such Buyers, I let them leave the Negative Feedback.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Dear Friends now a days ebay is implemating so many policies like this policy that policy to truble sellers. But for used items I suggest to provide the actual photo of the product and mention the damages in the description, that will help to remove negative feedback and get protected against seller protection policy.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply