Ebay Buyer Fraud, what to do ?

gurugrv
Community Member

Hello everyone, i recently sold a mobile phone worth Rs. 27,499 to a buyer in West Bengal. The package was received by the buyer but he says that the phone is missing from the package. I presume the buyer is trying to defraud me, what can I do to save myself ? Please help.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Ebay Buyer Fraud, what to do ?

u should give a negtive fedback about the buyer so that he cant do fraduntal with others

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

This is really shocking story. 

Do not sell high valued item on ebay at all. Many buyers know how to deal with online seller and make them fool. There are 5 out of 1000 buyers who pursue such a skill to make seller defraud. 

In this case, you can do nothing but register a police complaint against him. This is cyber crime. Make sure, you have valid purchase bill and sell bill. Police will surely help you out in this case. 

I used to hear lots of cases like this while working with ebay UK . Their police help them and sorted out. I don't know about indian police. 

BAKI, ABKI BAR MODI SARKAR !! VOTE FOR MODI. JAI HIND.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

FYI:apex_technology

As per ebay policy you can't leave negative or neutral feedback to buyer

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

From my personal experience, I would say DTDC's employees are more likely to be the culprit over here. Their employees have a notorious reputation of stealing things especially when you provide a declaration or invoice mentioning the contents and value of the product inside the parcel.

I used to ship imported chocolates through DTDC until last year. During that time, I had encountered at least 6-7 cases where their delivery guys opened up parcels and stole the chocolates. At first, I presumed the buyer was the culprit and he was simply trying to cheat me. Later on, when other buyers who had bought from me earlier also started complaining about stolen chocolates, I realized that something was amiss. I told them to send me photos of the parcels they received and to my shock I found out that these DTDC guys had tampered with the parcels. The address labels I stuck on the parcels were computer printouts whereas the ones in the images I received from buyers, the address labels were hand written. Clearly, someone from DTDC were opening these parcels since the labels were stuck on the packaging tapes and there was no way to remove them except by tearing off the packaging. Also the boxes were different than ones I used. Unfortunately, the buyers have no way to know this and they end up accepting the parcels. Once the buyer accepts, the liability of DTDC is over...they simply claim they delivered the parcel intact and they will reject all your complaints.

All this started happening after I entered into a contract with them directly. Because of this I had to provide them declarations and invoices for the parcels which mentioned the contents. Before that, I dealt with one of their franchise outlets who would simply forward the shipments by writing gift on the dispatch receipts. I never faced any issues during that time. I guess some of the DTDC delivery guys become greedy and can't control themselves once they come to know what's inside the parcel. Try searching for similar complaints against them on the internet, I'm pretty sure you'll find many of them. Google "DTDC stole mobile phone"

I'm not saying that the buyer is innocent, but there is a good chance that some guy from DTDC stole the phone.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

DTDC is worst, i have lost  over 12 parcels , which DTDC have no clue and no one takes responsibility once parcel gone missing, they just deny that parcel was not insured we can not give any claim.

Why you took money to deliver when you are not responsible.

And most shocking thing that they don't insure normal parcel , you have to send it through DTDC plus which is already very expensive then only they will insure it.

DTDC should b banned

Message 15 of 15
latest reply