Does the "out of stock" option work?

eBay today launched out of stock option on GTC listings to all people.

I enabled that option from site preferances. Later a listing was ended as buyer bought the last item.

So I think it's not working properly. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Well,

If Its Out Of Stock Then You Should Increase The Rate And Add Enough Stock To Solve This Matter As Stupid Customers Can Buy a Rs :125 Multimeter For Rs :50000 Also Lol

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I don't think you understand my question.
For many year out of stock feature was available to only those who were using eBay API.
This feature basically allows you to keep a GTC listing running with 0 quantity. So no need to increase the price to keep buyers from buying there product. Buy it now button appears only when you mark quantities non zero. Simple.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

s

@digital-solstice wrote:
I don't think you understand my question.
For many year out of stock feature was available to only those who were using eBay API.
This feature basically allows you to keep a GTC listing running with 0 quantity. So no need to increase the price to keep buyers from buying there product. Buy it now button appears only when you mark quantities non zero. Simple.

sir your are right it is not working for me also 

my item qty now at 0 after buyer buy the last pc 

as per the new option it will be remain active but it is not . now i have only option to re list it ..........

what happpppnnnnnnn why new things impl.... without proper test

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

smarty224u wrote:

s

sir your are right it is not working for me also 

my item qty now at 0 after buyer buy the last pc 

as per the new option it will be remain active but it is not . now i have only option to re list it ..........

what happpppnnnnnnn why new things impl.... without proper test

For my 3 recently ended GTC listings, 2 ended and only 1 remained out of stock. I can't identify the pattern.

Those 2 ended didn't have variation.

And 1 which remained OOS had variations.

So does it mean listings those who have variations can only stay online?

Can you confirm? Your listings which ended, were they non-variation? 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

DEAR AS PER EBAY CONFIRMATION

there is some technical problem IN OUT OF STOCK 

AND THEY WILL RESOLVE VERY SOON

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Hi Dear,

It is totally not working..... rubbish..

After got this mail about this features I had activated this option and result is Still now my 5 listing have deleted when quantity goes zero.

But it is very sadness that without final checkup ebay had informed all sellers about this feature. I sent mail 2 times about this problem but no one did not think to reply my mail and inform that feature not working now.

At last today I connect with Ebay representitive by phone call and they agree it is not working , moreover till date  they don't know when it would be solved..

So dear seller if you want to live your listing set item price like a abnormal figure.

It's a only solution.. Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@24onlinebazar wrote:

Hi Dear,

It is totally not working..... rubbish..

After got this mail about this features I had activated this option and result is Still now my 5 listing have deleted when quantity goes zero.

But it is very sadness that without final checkup ebay had informed all sellers about this feature. I sent mail 2 times about this problem but no one did not think to reply my mail and inform that feature not working now.

At last today I connect with Ebay representitive by phone call and they agree it is not working , moreover till date  they don't know when it would be solved..

So dear seller if you want to live your listing set item price like a abnormal figure.

It's a only solution.. Smiley LOL

Hi,

Can you confirm your listings which ended weren't multivariation? or were they?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Hi, I have just found out, after loosing the purchase history of one of my items that the out of stock option does not work if you let you item reach the the quantity of zero and then clicking relist. I have found that the method i have listed below does work for me and retains my purchase history.

1.  go to selling manager summary
  2. click on 'active' on the left hand side
  3. then in the 'status' drop down search boxes at the top select 'out of stock' and click search
  4. find the listing and click 'REVISE'
  5. change the quauntity from zero to your new quantity and click subit changes

This works for me and i'm using a basic ebay shop

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

no this does not works once the qty goes to 0 if buyer bought it listing is ended

Message 10 of 11
latest reply