cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deliveries being returned from Uttar Pradesh due to Lack of Form 39 [Harrasment by UP Tax Dept]

Recently I ordered two items from a seller in Mumbai, and both of these items are being held at New Delhi instead of being delivered to my address in Uttar Pradesh due to lack of "Form 39".

Upon further investigation, I found out that U.P. Commercial Tax Dept has suddenly enforced this atrocious rule that all incoming shipments to UP, for personal use, have to be accompanied by this Form 39.

The most idiotic thing however, is that the BUYER has to go to the sales tax office in his city, get the Form 39 in triplicate, stamped and sign from UP tax babus etc and then send it to the seller. Then the original form is kept by UP Com Tax Dept, Duplicate is kept with Seller, and Triplicate copy is retained by the buyer.

Why would an online shopper bother going to a local sale tax govt babu office for every single purchase he makes online, and then go through the trouble of sending oringial copies etc to the seller etc....just doesn't make any sense.

I believe UP Tax Dept has done this under the influence of local retailers who have been complaining about loss of sales due to e-tailers since a long time. This move effectively stops all incoming shipments to UP and makes it impossible to buy anything online except if the seller fulfills the order from a UP based warehouse.

Have any of you experienced this From 39 problem? What are your thoughts on this matter?

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0