cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deal of the Day Now has a Participation Fees ???

linusstudios
Community Member
Hi everyone,

For participation in Deal of the Day now sellers have to pay an extra fees. Just got update from my ac. manager. Already slashed prices and on top of that we now have to pay some extra to give the DOD offers.

Participation fee has been slabbed from minimum 1000 Rs to maximum 30 X value of your each item.

This fees is apart from the FVF fees and the Paisapay fees being paid till now.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Dear linusstudios

This is very bad thing they are doing. For promoting products and for listing products we are already paying too much charges. Also in promotion also some sellers are selling without profit. I don't know why? Are there here to do social work or for business?????

Thanks
rhtdm.6624
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
yeh... I have also received this mail sunil ji. pathetic. anyways items not gonna be cheap any more, nor will be eBay./ buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I THINK IT IS FOR LIFE STYLE PRODUCT

IS IT FOR TECH ALSO
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

takgye
Community Member
Rather fees should be less so that ebay is advertised to the world as a best bargain portal.

For example, Folding keyboard was sold for Rs 330 on ebay and Rs 240 on Tradus daily deal.

Ebay should concentrate on making people believe in Daily Deals as actual deals rather than just thinking about profits. The thought process should be long term.The more buyers you attract the higher will be the sales.

Thanks
takgye
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
Dear All

I would rather call it a little short sighted decision.

Ultimate point of having a deal is offering in less price a good product. (Forget the silly stock availability and other reasons given by eBay now and than for DOD selection, in Facebook ofcourse, no one replies here).

And with eBay levying a fees on Daily deal, prices will obviously be increased.

In daily deal seller is always reducing his margin and in some of cases even bearing direct loss, but just managing because of cross promotion. With eBay also now leaving this fees finally everyone is gaining out of DOD's but the seller. Who actually in hunting down good products to get them featured.

For small sellers like me it has now become impossible to participate in DOD because of fee introduction.

Also the Minimum available QTY has to be at least 200 pieces. Which is many a time not possible with the category many sellers are in. Ultimately Big will become bigger and small will become smaller.

It would be a boost to sales if FVF and paisapay fees are also refunded on DOD as in Deal of the weeks to give the customers the best @ a best price, Instead of levying extra charge for featuring product.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

i feel daily deal sud be free as it wud attract more buyer as they wud get the best price on daily deal

if ebay charge daily deal fees then that normal that seller will have to recovered the fees from the product only
Message 7 of 7
latest reply