DOES IT MAKE SENSE ......

khannajewels
Community Member
HI I am selling since past 6 year plus at ebay. Ebay begun with bazee at BANG.. the bang.. has gone to silent wussshh..

Does it make business sense
a):-( to have 30-40 people employed indirectly/directly with u : When a nonPaying buyer can GIVE U Negative and bRING your DSR down and turn u out of business... And what u have is deaf American system of rating

b) :-(To invest LAKHS AND LAKHS of RS.. for ebay Inventory (for product which only have ebay cycle, u cannt sell them in local market) :
When u know u can run out of BUSINESS by 3 UN-Warranted feedback in a months time.. Ignoring a seller reputation of 100% positive feedback maninted since past 6 YEAR plus

c):-( To RELY TOTALLY ON EBAY AND BE out of Business After 6 year long time of High Selling Standards : Coz a buyer(Were we all believe everybody is good But everybdy doest mean ALL) has given a u negative ratings or has power of NEGATIVE RATING TO FLEECE DISCOUNT FROM U ..

d):-( TO SELL DIAMOND JEWELERY IN INDIA THRU NET.. : WHEN THERE IS NOT A SINGLE SHIPPING AGENCY TO HANDLE SHIPPING FOR DIAMOND JEWLERY : And take all losses of Delay , Free shipping and low DSR and still maintain a High business Standard..

e) :-(to sell internationally Accept FOREIGN CURRENCY...WHEN u dont have paypal directly linked to you Account.. AND be not covered for ILF SALES in INDIAN CURRENCY under any Protection

SO DOES MAKING EBAY AS YOUR PRIMARY BUSINESS REALLY MAKE SENSE?
.. THIS COME FROM A SEASONSED SELLER WHO HAS BEEN SELLING ONLINE SINCE PAST 6 YEARS PLUS WITH GOOD BUSINESS STANDARD.

WHEN U HAVE FEAR THAT U CAN GO OUT OF BUSINESS OVER NIGHT
BECAUSE OF FACTORS NOT CONTROLLED BY U..

I am not sure any more wether to take this as PRIMARY BUSINESS OR MAKE IT PART TIME only..

DOEST IT MAKE SENSE.. ANY MORE..
I am confused...
Perhaps need to be enlightened again.

a Frustrated Seasoned Seller
Ambesh Khanna
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Ambesh Khanna,
I think you have some very true points.
But,I wonder,whether ebay is just a machine or has some human touch!
Will not ebay protect us in such events?
I am a retired person and a collector.I sell my excess items.But I also accumulated stocks which are ebay oriented hobby goods worth several lakhs.
Also ebay is part of my life nowadays.I wonder what happens if things just wont budge some fine morning!Can I take that strain?
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

mirzaakberalikhan
Community Member
Hi,

I actually slightly disagree with you, giving full respect to the amount of time you have sold on ebay, I am a new seller just started roughly a month ago and I found this community court on ebay, where if you get a negative feedback, you can appeal in the consumer court and put your point across as in why you didnot deserve the negative feedback and if the jury which is a group of 21 buyers/sellers selected by ebay goes positively agreeing with you, the negative feedback will be removed. I think thats something you ought to try.

Warm Regards,
Akber Khan (sorry if this is not of use).
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

khannajewels
Community Member
HI Mr. Khan, Community Court is an excellent tool. But my Plight is not about Negative rating. But about the accordance of points mentioned above. And this is not to Discourage any body; old or new seller. It is a thought based on Experience, shared with Co-sellers and ebay.. Best Wishes Ambesh Khanna
Message 4 of 4
latest reply