Can a US resident sell on Ebay india?

if_looks_could_kill
Community Member
Hello,

I tried to create an auction and everything is Ok except that I need PaisaPay for payments?

I currently have a Paypal account but im not sure if that is Ok when selling on Ebay India.

I tried to open a PaisaPay account online but It looks like it only accepts accounts from banks in India.

Do people use paypal in India too?

thanks

James
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

pareshwins
Community Member
Hi,

You need an bank account with an Indian bank to sell in ebay India and the branch in which the account is opened should be located in India.

Ideally you can tie up with an Indian seller and sell your goods through him via drop shipping.

We would be interested in such an arrangement.

--------

Pareshwins
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

if_looks_could_kill
Community Member
That sounds like a big hassle, and then there is always the currency conversion fees...

Too bad the Indian government is making trade difficult with the currency polices in place. Paypal for all countries would be ideal (or another money service)
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Hi if_looks_could_kill,
I agree with you.I think something should be done urgently. Otherwise China will take over India and Indian Market by proxy. In fact China has already done it. Indian buyers being deprived of choices. India is heading towards ambassador-fiat days.
Too sad.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

It is to be noted that Paypal payments are accepted in India and are transferable to Indian & Foreign Paypal accounts.

It is only ebay.com, USA which has integrated paisapay instead of paypal with ebay.in

So, you need to lodge your complaint with eBay, USA rather than blaming the Indian Government.
-------
Expect the best.

-------
Expect the best.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hi,
Does your argument help this US seller to list in ebay india?
If not,dont divert our attention.
We are discussing the issue of international sellers who want to list their items for indian buyers right at ebay india.
And again,dont talk of global easy buy.We know that.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Hi,

Indian buyers have huge variety, they can anytime buy from any ebay site or from GEB of ebay.in

Listings of sellers located outside India is not allowed since PaisaPay is complusory for every listing in ebay India.

To avail of PaisaPay a seller should have account in an Indian bank.

Amitav da, it is the opposite, if seller of other countries are allowed to sell in India, than chinese sellers will flood the market as they are already doing the other ebay sites.

However if other sellers list on ebay, and they ship from outside India, many parcels will get stuck in customs causing untold harrrasment to sellers and buyers alike. GEB is a much better option for buyers.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hi veedeedirect,
That reminds me of Thai gemstone sellers,who successfully ruined ebay india's genuine gemstone market.
In fact I switched to hobby goods because of them.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

if_looks_could_kill
Community Member
Thats too bad about India customs.. Some other countries I ship to do not hassle their residents with small value items and as a result they are able to get their parcels quickly and without too much delay..

Also they are free to pay with paypal..

I know about all the chinese imports that flood ebay, as we have that here in the USA.. But in the US Ebay I can specify US sellers only and it will block all the chinese items when I search for things to buy.

Since Ebay India restricts you to a Paisa Pay account, it prevents me from offering my goods since I cannot open an India bn account!
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

India is india. It is like 'kutta ka doom'(a mongrel's tail). You cant make it straight.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply