cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer refuses custom duties, opens INR, paisapay refunds fully

Hi,
What if a buyer doesn't co-operate with courier company for custom clearance & doesn't pay the custom charges/duty applicable, inspite of auction description clearly mentioning that buyer is responsible for these charges. We are facing this situation currently. On top of it buyer opens an INR dispute after Fedex tries contacting her for these charges. She has bought diamonds worth Rs.41599/-.

DO WE HAVE ANY OPTIONS OTHER THAN GETTING THE PARCEL BACK & REFUNDING THE BUYER IN FULL, BECAUSE PAISAPAY WILL CERTAINLY AUTO REFUND AS THE ITEM CANNOT BE DELIVERED IF NOT CUSTOM CLEARED. WE ARE LEFT HELPLESS. SHIPPING/INSURANCE/HANDLING CHARGES ALONGWITH GETTING THE PARCEL BACK CHARGES & TAXES ETC., ALL OUR BOURNE BY US & THUS WE SUFFER THE LOSSES ALONGWITH RESTOCKING THE DIAMONDS. BUYER WALKS FREELY WITH FULL REFUND, LEAVING THE INR DISPUTE OPEN & ABOVE ALL CHANCES OF LEAVING A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR US. As its an International transaction, 28 days have already passed, thus cannot appeal in community court if she chooses to leave a negative feedback after 30 days from the transaction date.

Inspite of reporting to our account manager, ebay TnS team, they as always have only one reply. "This issue is between you & buyer, so either deliver or get the parcel back & give full refund". Our account manager did his best, but he can't do much against these policies. Also, convincing the buyer for closing the dispute or not leaving a negative feedback is a very difficult task in this case. Due to this reason, we have thus not mentioned this buyers user id here, or else case might worsen.

Current situation is we had to return the parcel back & its in transit as Fedex also couldn't hold it longer. Also, paisapay delivery deadline is reaching, thus auto refund will be initiated or either we initiate the refund. In our such a long time selling on ebay India, this is 1st time we are facing such a buyer & such a situation.

Suggestions & opinions are welcome from respective community members.

We would also like to hear what ebay pinks or Mr.Indraneel/Mr.Navin have to say in this matter.

Best Regards,
RG_Diamonds
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Dear,
One option you still have CONTACT FEDEX OR YOUR LOCAL COURIER AGENT AND TELL THEM TO FILE POLICE COMPLAINT.

And also notify yr buyer that a police complaint is being filed against her in her own country for buying items from another country and refusing to pay the import duty taxes. As this is an offence to buy items from another country and refuse to pay taxes.
She will 100% pay the duty and will take the parcel.

Fedex gives three options :
1- destroy the parcel
2 - take parcel back in India (using this u'll have to pay the reshipping cost from buyer country to yr country plus the custums charges that buyer refused to pay).
3 - tell fedex to file police complaint.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Rakhi "Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
·:*¨¨*:·.God·:*¨¨*:·.Bless·:*¨¨*:·.Us·:*¨¨*:·.All·:*¨¨*:·.
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Dear Rakhi,
Thank you for your valuable suggestion, we appreciate it a lot:-). Well, this time since Fedex couldn't hold it longer with France customs, we had to return the parcel back to India. But will certainly keep this in mind for all future deals.
Once again we appreciate it a lot. A bright ray of sunshine after a very long time.
Also, recently we had voted in your favour in an ongoing coomunity case to remove the negative feedback. Hope it helped. All the best for your business.

Thank you,
Best Regards,
RG_Diamonds
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hello Dear,

Thanks a lot voting for me 🙂 i appreciate it very much.

Dear if the parcel is coming back to you from france i am afraid they will charge you not just the return shipping cost but will also charge the custum duty that buyer did not paid.
Do check this with fedex they give new surprises all the time.
i am always charged duty + return shipping cost when parcel is returned back to me.

May God Bless You & Your Business Always.
Regards,
Rakhi "Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Dear Rakhi,
Thank you for further details.

We are aware of the charges that will be levied upon us ie the return shipping via Fedex & the custom & broker charges applicable in India for return parcel as its a high value diamond parcel.

Although one small good thing, Parcel was not custom cleared in France as buyer did not co-operate nor agreed or replied to Fedex for paying the custom duty. Usually Fedex custom clears & then contacts buyer for the custom duties before delivering, but this time they contacted the buyer in advance. Thus that cost is saved. We know this is a sinking ship & god knows how much we are gonna sink with this. But as the parcel is already returned, can't do much about it.

Our mistake that we approached the community board very late for any advice. God help us this time & also in future.:-). Thank you for all your help, we appreciate it a lot. All the best.

Best Regards,
RG_Diamonds
Message 5 of 5
latest reply