Buyer feedback threats

One of my ebay buyer (m*********0) has bought item id 400492585276 (car inverter) which is meant to charge Laptop and Mobiles in car. But he plugged a BULB and TABLE FAN in it and than asking me bulb and fan is not getting full power. I polity told him to that this product is not meant to run FAN and BULB in car, and it can also damage his car battery or other things too. I told me if he want he can return the product for refund. But he left a negative feedback for me saying product is not as described. Just want to check can ebay will help sellers in these issues or buyers will take seller on their tips...
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Buyer feedback threats

I think what you can do is just inform the buyer about the actual issue.

If item is unused you can consider returns if you are Ok with it and if your buyer will be satisfied with it.

Buyer always wants worth items for their money spent on eBay.

But still eBay is doing their part on seller protection. You can check the latest updates for it like Removal of feedbacks on rejected claims etc

But, make sure your buyer will be always Satisfied.

We do business for Buyer satisfaction, not only for feedbacks.

Yes, feedbacks comes for satisfied buyers.

You are much experienced at eBay, rest you can understand.

SmartPhoneForEver

SmartPhoneForEver
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Buyer feedback threats

@smartphoneforever

He has already offered buyer a refund but it seems buyer is not interested in refund as well!

I do not understand what such people want who would crib about the product and when given the option of refund wouldnt take that as well!
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Buyer feedback threats

Offering a mere refund sometimes do not solve the problems.

Buyer feels unsatisfactory with the money and time he/she spends. So, sometimes u need to cut 2-3 more minutes to talk to buyer so that he/she can actually be shown good customer care service means seller really cares for their buyers.

I hope you understand

SmartPhoneForEver

SmartPhoneForEver
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Buyer feedback threats

@smartfone
Its buyer who is using it in wrong way. I called him and explained how to use it, but still he is not agree. Also ebay TnS has denied for feedback removal.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Buyer feedback threats

gizmobhai
Community Member
paradeep,

boss having spent so much time here, you by now should know ebay does not help in clear cut unfiar feedback cases, this is something which ebay will not even listen...

the way out?... let me share what i do..

First: Block the buyer. most imp
Second, refund the transaction. use the most sugary language to get the feedback removed.
third: carry on with your selling.. cant waste too much effort on one useless buyer
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Buyer feedback threats

Few buyers are sadistic like this.

1. The eBay has taught buyers that their negative feedback cannot be removed without their consent. There are certain exceptions which cannot help the sweller in any way. It is maticulously framed in such a way that no buyer will commit like that to qualify for removal of his negative feedback withou his consent. As long as this policy is adopted buyers particularly experienced buyers likley to develop mischivious attitude and start harrazing the seller.
  2. The Customer Care at inrswebhelp are helpless because they are not given discretion. They have to decide only as per existing frames, which could be performed actually by computer itself without the help of CC personnel. The eBay can save expenditure in PAY and allowances.
  3. It should be made mandatory to contact seller atleast 3 times over email and attempted to solve the problem as per listing/warranty conditions. Otherwise the buyer should not be able to leave neutral or negative feedback.
  4. Wherever the buyer has been paid refund or replacement by eBay or seller, the buyer should not be allowed to slap neutral or negative feedback.

Unitl such measures are taken, the buyers will exploit this loophole and cause havoc in the system

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Buyer feedback threats

There is a rise in buyer frauds.

Basically they buy a product from you, then give you a negative feedback because they know you as a small time seller will call him and start asking him to remove feedback. In exchange he will ask you to give the item free of cost.

there is 1 such buyer aaga 9207 he once bought a 2500 worth item from me, then raisd a claim that the item did not work and or is not as described.Ebay wasted no time in returning his money. The buyer sent me half the product in broken condition and I am still running behind ebay to give me back my money or cover me under seller protection.

He bought again from me.. very cheap stuff only to give me a negative feedback. These people usually wait for your calls .. they they deal with you. They will say give me a full refund and the product and in exchange I will remove the feedback.

Better sellers should start a rough buyer list and then add them tot heir Banned buyers.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply