Bid Increment in eBay.in

I am concerned about the very high bid increments. Low priced items - upto about Rs. 200.00 - donot get enough bids because the increments on the lower rungs are stiff. For an item of Rs. 20/- bid increment is Rs 25/-.

If a seller wants to sell a Rs 30/- item and starts auction at Rs 20/- he will get only one bid as the next bidder will have to bid 45/-! The buyer gets scared and seller puts up with a loss. Better option for him would have been to fix price at 30/- and off with auction and open market policy.

This is surely against eBay basic vision to have a competitive market. Sellers should (and are advised in the eBay related literatures) to start low and let the market take over. Chances are that the item will sell for higher than what the seller expected. And this very often happens.

Compare eBay USA bid increments. They are very low in comparision to eBay India. For a similar item the increment is 5 cents i.e about Rs 2.50; no doubt there is more activity in .com than in .in!

Best Wishes

artcraft_sarkar.books

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Bid Increment in eBay.in

Absolutely correct, In baazee days the seller could fix the bid increment amount but now days ebay decides what's GOOD FOR US.
P.S. You must have surely heard this "Jaisi Praja Waisa Raja"
***************** Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Bid Increment in eBay.in

spl_ind
Community Member
I too had a loss with my Rs.1 auctions. They did not sold much as I was selling items hardly worth Rs.50 or less.

I think you can get big profits on high value item. Less value items should be listed as Buy It Now.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply