BAD EXPERIENCE AS A SELLER

Hi  i sell solar products on ebay,   recently i got one bad experience, i am not able to understand how to solve this,  i sold SOLAR HOME LIGHT SYSTEM to one customer who live in new delhi for  3800/-,  i charged 350 as shipping charger, but due to big pack the courier people taken 700/-,  dut due to courier problem  the fan has damaged,  so i told buyer i can replace fan,  but buyer asked for refund,    ebay has arranged reship the product from buyer to me from  FEDEX,  but fedex people has not delivered the product  nor they contact me , and they send back the product telling that  buyer has refunsed, they did't came to our home nor they contact, i am not able to understand why they done like this.

now buyer is refused to send again, and ebay told  they wont pickup 2nd time,  and  ebay has accepted the refund and they taken the money from my paisapay,   ebay told me to pickup from delhi,  i dont have any pickup service.  ebay people without hearing they should not take decision. 

i am not able to understand  how to solve this problem, 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

In ebay world, the buyer is the king. The seller is allowed to be made the looser.

An unfair thing also happened to me. I Shipped an Item to delhi. The courier charges was rs 180. The courier co returned the item back to me because they could not find the address. I talked to the buyer, confirmed delivery address and I shipped again using a different courier company. Same thing happened. This courier company also returned this shipment.

Meanwhile, the buyer initiated an ebay guarantee claim and got full refund. Me on the other hand wasted Rs 460 in shipping and ebay fees. Now I suspect that the buyer was a fraud who wanted to harrass me. I called ebay customer care all the while but they could not protect me. Their replys are "sorry sir but we cannot..." etc etc

This is the sad reality of sellers on ebay. When the buyers feel cheated, they go around and bad mouth ebay on the internet. This is why ebay allows the buyer to treat the seller unfairly so that they won't write bad things about ebay. Many old popular ebay sellers have left because of this.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

This answer applies to both you sellers, join ebay powership program immediately to get rid of all such issues, let take care of all the headaches.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

raj, are you trying to say that ebay is using these ways to make sellers join powership?

of course you are. otherwise i don't see any obvious reason for your remark in a context

where 2 sellers are talking about ebay's failure to support its sellers.

sellers, be careful---without powership ebay needles you through one door, and once

you go for powership ebay will sword you through both doors.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@db071173 - If you didn't understand what rajelectroniks was trying to say, I would suggest, you concentrate on managing your business rather than posting comments here. Its easy to put all blame on eBay.

What happened with these two sellers was not due to ebay. Its ebay policy that if the product is not delivered to the buyer for any reason, he will get a refund. Even if that reason is that the buyer refused to accept the product. And there is a good reason for such policy in a market like India. However not all can understand this logic.

Things like this has happened multiple times with me, but then this is a part of doing busineess online. And having understood that, I have grown my business profitably multiple times over last couple of years. So either you can loose sleep over such issues or concentrate on growing your business.

eBay has clear terms and conditions mentioned for sellers. If someone is not happy, no one is forcing him to sell at eBay. And powership is so convenienet. Cannot imagine selling on ebay without powership now.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

strange, guess ebay india gave you guys a promise of more benefits if you promote powership.

a seller suffered, so he is blaming ebay policies---maybe you can come tell him that ebay 'has its

clear terms' and maybe powership could help. but just cuz you think powershipless world is a hell,

doesn't mean you can say 'powership is the only option for all'. hundreds of sellers are saying that

powership is killing them. it doesn't take anybody to understand what lies beneath powership, if

its SOOOOO GOOD why does ebay have to give you powershippers extra benefits that are not related

to shipping?

and the buyers---powership is a hell for them. you know why, if you don't know, better go sleep.

and mind you, we have rights to opine---you can't ask me not to hold any opinion and to mind my

own business. if you do, people will think you are ebay's pimp.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

oh my, why did i reply? 400+ neutral and negatives in 12 months, CERTAINLY YOUR business is growing fooling buyers, and CERTAINLY sellers like you need to bribe ebay india promoting its powership, hahaha.

don't worry, i understand your obligations.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@ink-shop-india

The "its ebay's way or the highway" rule is rather obvious and clear for everyone to see. What I did in my previous post was plain criticism of ebays policy and I did that for clear reasons.

As ebay's policy stands now, any idiot on the internet is free to order anything from any ebay seller with a dubious address that doesn't exist. This seller can ship the same item 2 times or 10 times, it doesn't matter because the ^$%'ing address does not exist. The seller continues to waste money cause he doesn't know.  In the end, the buyer has the right to raise an ebay guarantee claim and get a refund meanwhile the seller is left there with his mouth hanging  Now tell me ink-shop-india, is this fair?

I've talked to many ebay customer care representatives and I can tell you clearly that many of them don't understand simple english sentences. This is important because I was selling something on ebay which clealy said that it was meant "for mumbai customers only" and that "buyers from other states will be refunded". Sadly for me, some idiot from another state decided to place an order. I cancelled and refunded that order. Two days later, the guy left a negative comment on ebay page. I called ebay "trust and... blah blah" regarding this and they were not ready to reason with me at all. "We didn't find anything wrong with the case" they said.

Just imagine this scenario: You list a pen for sale. When the seller finally receives the pen, he claims he had bought a pencil and leaves a negative comment. The ebay customer care doesn't care. You find that they're rather interested in talking about the design of your listings or the meaning of a sentence you wrote in the "contact me" section. In the end, they close the case with an email apologizing that they cannot remove the negative comment because they found nothing wrong in it. It's like talking to a municipality employee.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

ABCD

Message 9 of 9
latest reply