cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A BOON to eBay sellers to avoid Nigerian Scammers !

dineshdalwani
Community Member
Hello eBay sellers.......

You can use the BLOCK BUYERS option in My Preference Tab of My eBay.

These Fraud Buyers usually have a new account through which they buy the products which are registered through a Credit Card.

If you select the SMS verification Preference, it blocks all buyers who have not gone through the SMS Verification process to register on eBay.

So this prevents those Fraud buyers from purchasing our products and we sellers too remain on a safe side.

Since i have started this preference, i am recieving emails from hell lot of buyers asking "What are the requirements to purchase or Bid on a particular item"

And when i see the date of registeration of the Buyer ID, it would be the same day of the question sent.

So you can opt for this Preference and block all those FRAUD BUYERS who need shipment to NIGERIA !!!
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear dineshdalwani,

Hello,

You are quite right.

ebay has given us a powerful tool.

I would also like to mention that along with the Buyer preference you have mentioned .....if you also block Buyers in countries to which you don't ship then you have shut all doors for the Fraudsters.

You can always click the Buyer Requirements Activity Log to see if you have taken a wise decision or not.

The Buyer Requirements Activity Log displays the eBay members who have been blocked from bidding on or purchasing your items over the past 60 days as a result of the buyer requirements you have selected.

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

http://stores.ebay.in/IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

dineshdalwani
Community Member
I have selected the following Preferences :

Block Buyers who :
1. Are registered in countries to which I don't ship
2. Have a feedback score of -1 or lower
3. Are currently winning or have bought 2 of my items in the last 10 days and have a feedback score of 0 or lower
4. Have received 2 Unpaid Item strikes in the last 30 days
5. Have a feedback score of 0 or lower and haven't gone through the SMS process

This makes me completely secure from Fraud Buyer's.

I may lose some new registered serious buyers sometimes, but they can bid or purchase my items by SMS verification too.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
You are exactly right. A good tool to protect from frauds. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 4 of 4
latest reply