1lac worth Parcel detain in custom !!

grabdeals_in1
Community Member
Hey,
Can anyone help me out in clearing custom problem in fedex? I am in deep trouble right now and need some serious help from guys .

Product : 5 Nokia 8800 Gold edition
Paid : $2259
Custom Declared : $600
Details : Defective mobiles

Problem in details :

Custom has detain my parcel and its there with them since last 4-5 days.They had opened the parcel and found that it was new brand and as per their saying 1 handset is 600$ not all of $600 as declared.( Actualy price is arond $400 )
Fedex contacted me for the same and asked me for these details in their mail

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
We are authorized clearing agent for FedEx Express , India . We refer to the Courier Import shipment received for your good self, under FedEx AWB No 798448837930. The shipment has been detained by Delhi Customs for adjudication.

The value declared by shipper is USD 600.00, customs have found internet value USD 628.99 per pc / total value USD 3143.30. Hence the shipment will attract penalty apart form duties & taxes for this misdeclaration.

We require the following documents for clearance:

1) Manufacturer’s pricelist or the internet value

2) A letter addressed to the Deputy Commissioner of customs, New Delhi , stating the following:

(a) The reason for importing the shipment and where it will be used

(b) You are ready to bear the duties and taxes

(c) You are ready to bear the fines and penalties (due to old & used items) and you do not want any show cause notice or personal hearing.

3) Letter authorizing FedEx as authorized broker

Attaching herewith documents for your reference.

Please provide us the following documents by fax on fax number 011-2560 0644 or e-mail in order to help us process the shipment for clearance with the customs.

Kindly note if the shipment is not cleared within 3 days, following warehousing charges would be applicable:

1-3 Days: No Charges

4th -15th Day Rs. 40.00 (Per Day)

16th -30th Day Rs. 60.00 (Per Day)

30 & above Rs. 75.00 (Per Day)

Please note that according to the provisions under Regulation 5(5) of Courier Import and Export (Clearance) Regulation, 1998 as amended vide Customs Notification No. 54/99, the shipments may be surrendered to the customs for disposal, if not cleared within 30 days of arrival.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now,I had sent these required documents to them,its been 2 days since there was no update in these,i tried calling the representive (Name disclosed) who is handling my custom issue,but she/he didn't reply of my phones,nor update me via email.

Then I wrote a rude email for proper action etc,then I got call on saturday (today) evening and

they said ( fedex) that your clarification & documents has been submitted to custom officer for clearence 2 days back (around on 4-5 june)

Its clear that fedex people are just passing time by saying this all lies,

All over I need some one who can help in this clearing my customs at whatever charges ..fines for wrong declaration etc.
Please comeforward and help 😞

Helpless,
Bijay Agarwal
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

indiashine
Community Member
SHIPMENT IS ON HOLD AT WHICH PLACE/AIRPORT. PLEASE GIVE FEDEX SHIPMENT NO ALSO.
REGARDS
SATYAM JAIN
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Dear sir,

As per rules , u have bear the penalty , as u need to specify the purpose of import , if officer found fault in your declaration they will file case against u.

clear point is visit the custom office , offer some amount to officers , they will clear the con.

Be caution do not use any wrong words or law in front of custom officers of delhi , as all importers knows that delhi custom dep is worst in all over india.

try to clear the product soon or they will charge more & more penalty.
---------------
With Regards,
Mahavir Computers Pvt Ltd

;)

---------------
With Regards,
Mahavir Computers Pvt Ltd

";)
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

grabdeals_in1
Community Member
Fedex shipment # 798448837930
I think its in warehouse beside IGI airport,delhi
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

thebulkseller87
Community Member
Hey did you suggested the consignor? to do this?
if no then sue the seller..

or else.. go to excise advocates.. and try to solve this issue with law,, REMEMBER DONT TRY TO OFFER SOME AMOUNT !
YOUR CASE WOULD BEEN ALREADY FORWARDED TO CENTRAL COMISSION...
TRY TO SOLVE WITH AGENTS ONLY..OR ADOVOVATES... OR
FIND A TEXTILE IMPORTER..LIKE ME ..BUT IN YOUR PLACE.. THERE ARE THESE KIND OF ISSUES EVERY MONTH... YES ! ROUTINE!
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

thebulkseller87
Community Member
I MEAN IN DELHI..THEY ALL KNOW HOW TO TACKLE WITH THIS..
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hi,
This gentleman was one of the best ebayers.
Unfortunately he is unregistered now.
Let his thread rest in peace.
Amen.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi guys I sent 4 mobiles to India from UK but as DHL shop was not allowing me to sent 4 altogether so I packed and declared only 2. But Delhi custom detained it and hold. What will happen now and what should I do please help me.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply