Reporting a Strange Incident to Other Sellers

This incident is in regards to powership.

On the afternoon of 2nd april, I handed over 3 shipments to the aramex courier boy. By 10pm, I received a confirmation that 1 of the 3 order has shipped (connected/scanned). The other 2 orders had not been connected so I thought that the aramex office was experiencing excess load. This happens sometimes and they connect the shipment the next day.

Anyway, the 2 shipments were not connected till monday(4th april), So i called the local aramex office for inquiry and found out that the shipments were put "on hold" because they haven't received data from ebay to connect the shipments. So I waited another day.

Today morning, I called aramex office again and asked them whether they had received the data from ebay. They said no and that they forwarded the shipment to mumbai sorting centre regardless. This had never happened to me before so I asked them to give me the tracking numbers of the shipments to confirm whether I was not imagining things.

Here is the strange part after hours of investigation on my side...

THE EBAY SITE GENERATED TWO DIFFERENT TRACKING NUMBERS FOR THE SAME PAISAPAY ID!!!

1) Paisapay ID 42246183364
Tracking number on ebay site - 41605647801
Tracking number on label shown is - 41605600422

2) Paisapay ID 42254602201
Tracking number on ebay site - 41605664800
Tracking number on label shown is - 41605645852

Thats right.

On 2nd april, at the time of printing labels, the tracking number for Paisapay ID 42246183364 was generated as 41605600422. A few hours later (I think), the ebay site mysterously changed the tracking number to 41605647801

I have been handing over shipments to aramex without signing any manifest copies for years. I have never experienced any thieft issues from them. I contacted ebay regarding this and they're asking me for a manifest copy. So what do I do? I generated a fresh manifest on the ebay site and took it to aramex site for a sign but here is the problem. This manifest shows the tracking number for Paisapay ID 42246183364 as 41605647801. But on saturday, the shipment they recieved from me showed the tracking number as 41605600422. As a result they say "sir, how can we sign a manifest for a tracking number which we haven't recieved from you?"

So now, here is the situation:

Aramex office: says we wont sign unless you bring (old) manifest with the tracking numbers we actually recieved from you

Ebay Customer Care: Has no idea what to do. Says bring signed manifest which aramex wont sign as it has new tracking numbers which they never rec from me. Also how do I generate old tracking number manifest? Photoshop old tracking numbers in new manifest? RIDICULOUS!!!

So now, I don't think this can be solved. I'm thinking that the orders will automatically get cancelled after the deadline. Aramex sorting office that has kept these shipments "on hold" will wait for a month and return it. I can imagine them calling ebay saying, "Boss, we have your orders awaiting data for so and so tracking numbers". Ebay replies, "Hain? yeah kaunsa tracking numbers re baba humko nahin malum..."

Meanwhile customer will ask me "why haven't you shipped order?", "Hamara full refund kab ayega?" wagera wagera. Maybe a -ve feedback also for this paappi insan.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Reporting a Strange Incident to Other Sellers

last saturday gave 8 packages to FEDEX.  all 8 shipped on saturday & even most of them delivered.

Powership is still showing 4 of them "ready to Ship " ( no data )

sending mail aftermail to in logistics..................Man WinkMan TongueMan SadMan SadMan LOL

iam getting reply today for 2 week old mails ( that much back log ?)

so many people have jumped (Ebay Powership ) ship Man Tongue(rats are leaving !)

who is incharge of updating ?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Reporting a Strange Incident to Other Sellers

FEDEX tracking & ebay shown tracking are the same. that is not an issue
Message 3 of 3
latest reply
Group details
PowerShip Seller
PowerShip Seller
88 members Open Group Since ‎03-11-2013 06:11 PM