cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review Time line for refunds of claims from buyer

Hi,

I have ordered a 2 TB hard disk on ebay, *** being the seller on 17th FEB 2014. The Seller has provided me with a wrong airway number and it is not getting tracked on DTDC website. When called DTDC they asked me to get the correct Airway number from ebay. When contacted ebay on 19th of FEB 2014 they gave me the seller's contact number which is ***. As you can see this is 12 digit number and I was not able to contact the seller over phone. I sent seller Emails on 19th, 21st and 24th of FEB 2014 for the correct Airway number but no reply from the seller. I also contacted ebay during the period 18th FEB 2014 and 24th FEB 2014 stating that the seller is replying to my emails nor his phone number is correct. Ebay Said I have to wait till 7 days are complete from the date of purchase to raise for a claim. Also when I made a claim after 7 days Ebay tells me that I need to wait for 5 more days for me to get my refund.

My question is why did ebay not come into picture when I told them that the Airway number is wrong, the phone number of the seller is wrong and the seller is not responding to my emails. Only after 7 days they are trying to contact the seller. And why should I wait for 5 more days? All this task of contacting the seller needs to be done when reported that the seller is not responding to the buyer. Ebay just cannot sit and say this is company policy. There should be a provision for the Buyer not to get harrassed like this. What will Ebay do if in these 5 days that is from 25th Feb 2014 to 2 of FEB 2014 if the phone number provided by the seller is wrong? The customer support person told me that Ebay will keep trying for 5 days to contact the seller.

Will it require 5 day to get to know that the seller is FAKE??? 5 days I feel is too long to determine this... And the buyers money is stuck with EBAY. This policy of waiting for 5 days to give back the money is good only if the interaction has happened between the buyer and the seller. Why is there no policy in EBAY if the seller is not responding? Ebay should come into picture if the seller is not responding to the buyer even if it is within 7 days of buying.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0