cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grievance against fraud bank transaction

It has come to my recent notice that on 27th April 2014 my bank account was fraudulently charged for Rs. 5140.50/- I did not place any order for such amount.
The only order that I placed was for sony playstation for which my bank account was already debited for Rs. 17,490/- on 18th April 2014.

This is a fraud transaction as my ebay account does not show any history for such an order placement. Pls look into matter and pls help me to get my money refunded through the seller who has charged my account fraudulently.

The transaction shows the details against the amount as:
POS-PRCH/4622440295300923 545494467877 0000000011601

My bank has confirmed that this has been charged by ebay. Pls rectify the matter at the earliest. You can go through my account history through above mentioned information.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Grievance against fraud bank transaction

HI,
Firstly I am just another eBay member, not an eBay official. Having clarified that, I would like to give you information I know.

Sellers do not handle the payment process. eBay does that on behalf of sellers. No personal bank related sensitive information is shared with sellers.
Also neither a seller nor any institution has the right to charge your card or your bank account in India without your authorisation by means of password.
Your bank will deny such a transaction unless it has been authorised by you.
So either, (I am just attempting to guess and help)
1 Somebody has fraudulently used your card details, or maybe someone in your family used it and forgot to mention.
2. You selected the pay by EMI option, in which case you give eBay the right to charge your account in EMIs

In any case, in India we have very poor banking accountability rules so even if it was a fraudulent transaction, it is very difficult to have your transaction reversed especially since you noticed it after so many months.

I'm sorry I couldn't give any good news, but I just thought that I should tell you what I know.
Hope you resolve this soon.
Take care 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply