UNFAIR Ebay Policy - NEED HELP

techchase
Community Member
I GOT A SHOCKING MAIL FROM EBAY RECENTLY.

THESE PEOPLE ARE .......!!

Dear techchase ,

Your account registered with eBay has been involved in the following activity:

* Fee Avoidance - Fee Avoidance via manipulation of eBay's Final Value Fee credit system.

The number of Final Value Fee (FVF) credit claims you have made is abnormally high and is in excess of what our policy allows. As a result, we will be reversing all FVF credits claimed by you in the last 90 days. Continued activity of this nature will result in the indefinite suspension of your account.

For more information on eBay's Final Value Fee Credit Abuse guidelines, please review the following page:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/fvf-abuse.html

For detailed information on how to reduce the need for claiming Final Value Fee credits, please review the advanced selling information at the following page:

http://pages.ebay.com/education/advanced.html

We appreciate your attention to this very important matter.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc

Its not my mistake if BUYERS dont pay !!
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,
Many buyers do bid casually and do not pay or even respond on winning. Hope eBay considers that while deciding on such issues. .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

selling24x7
Community Member
This is sad,

Although i never faced this ebay needs to understand that fullfillemnt rate in INDIA is very less.

Personally while selling my own mobile i had to relist it almost 5-6 times beofre getting a genuine buyer.

Regards
AA
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi Swarup,

One person bided on one of my product and he won.

After no replies from his side, I made a phone call and asked him to make the payment.

He said "I only Bid and never purchased". So what can be said on this issue! ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

atulnc1
Community Member
me too received the same problem buy that was almost 8 months ago,but everything went on smooth after
regards,
ATUL
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

teknix4
Community Member
This is a really bad policy of eBay !

I am a new seller here.

I have sold 22 items on eBay, but to my surprise, only 4 of those buyers came to be serious in purchasing.

The other 18 buyers didn't even care to reply my emails.

So i called them up regarding the purchase.......

Some of the buyers said, that they PLACED A BID FOR FUN, some said they are NOT INETRESTED IN PURCHASE, some said they were just TESTING EBAY........

I mean it is completely ridiculous and pathetic.

I guess that my account would end up before 1 month by this policy of eBay !

eBay must change this policy because its us sellers who have to face all the trouble and loss of time, money jest because of some.........infact not some, but most FRAUD BUYERS !
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

atulnc1
Community Member
according to me teknix4 is cent per cent correct,the fulfillement rate is really low and if ebay does not grant us the FVF for the product not sold,this would really hamper the sales of the sellers as well as EBAy.
WHY SHOULD WE SELLERS PAY FOR THE TRANSACTION WHICH IS NOT COMPLETE.

regards,
ATUL
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

faayim
Community Member
This is really pathetic indeed!!!
I have sold almost some 40 products and got the payment only for 10 products. The selling rate (for me) is one-fourth!!
I strongly agree with all the response given by the members below me.
Most of the buyers who bid/buy my item answers my phone call once after which they start not answering me from the very second call. They check the incoming call no. and if its of mine (from my city), they try not to answer it no matter a 100 missed calls!!
Now , already we are in a great depression because of these FLOODS attacking our listing unnecessarily; Then why should the ebay policy come in and make things more and more worse???
We try to gather the info of the product...
We spend our (precious) time for listing the product...
We wait for a week to end the listing...
We wait for again a week for the response of the buyer..
We then file UPI and wait for another week...
Meanwhile we spend lots of money in calling those Floods...
Finally the result is 0% profit!!

What?? Dont we have any other job to do?? I dont know what ebay thinks!!
Pls consider this issue...we all love ebay!!
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi Atul,

Even I agree with teknix4. I always pay eBay fees on 15th of every month so that I will be getting the all FVF credit of the previous month.

I file a 2-3 unpaid disputes every day. Only in April, I got almost all the payments and very few unpaid items. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

Here's my recent experience.

I use all sorts of Buyer verification. Even after that one new buyer (ok as per verification clauses) from my city has won a set of items worth about Rs.900. I have mailed him the Invoice, mentioned that he can opt for Buyer Pick Up and Pay, also mentioned that if he do not like the items then he need not to pay and I shall end the listing mutually - even after all those, not a single response from the buyer. What more can a seller do. The buyers can be casual and we can do nothing except putting a -ve rating after waiting eagerly for a response for weeks. But a -ve rating does not do much harm for a buyer.

eBay must take some positive approach to reduce such casual biddings. If they want we all can put on lots of ideas for that. .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 10 of 12
latest reply