Problem bidding on ebay.com

abr-dvr
Community Member
Hello, I'm new to Ebay - I made my account yesterday.

I've been trying to bid on an item on ebay.com (USA), and every time I enter the amount and click on "confirm bid", I get a message saying :

-------

Attention Buyer

To ensure that eBay remains a safe marketplace, we limit the amount of items that can be bought or sold by a single account at one time.
You can increase the activity limits on your account by taking the following action:

Verify using a Credit Card
Process is immediate and your card will not be charged.

Note: Some users may need to wait a few minutes for our systems to update before they can bid again. Thank you for your patience.

-------

If I click on "verify using credit card", it asks for my username/password, and after that is entered, it says "unable to process credit card".
Note that it does not ask for any details of my credit card - it just says "unable to process".

So ultimately I am unable to place a bid on the item.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
abr-dvr
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,
You got to have a PayPal a/c.After you done it,you will be asked to add a credit card. Most international users are using PayPal. After you get a PayPal account ,you will understand that message. Its easy. No problem.,
In eBay india we dont need that. Our PaisaPay is our special item. But very very good and effective and efficient even for any international user.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

smileawhileshaji
Community Member
Hello,

Sometimes it is also seen that the sellers use the immediate payment option on their Fixed price listings. In this situation, they opt for PayPal as the payment method. So, you will need to create a PayPal account to bid of those type of listings.

To create a PayPal account, you just need to visit PayPal at http://www.paypal.com

Regards

smileawhileshaji
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

mohitjojojacob
Community Member
"eBay" limits the number of auctions you can bid on based on your feedback score, and/or wether they can verify your identity. You can read what "eBay" has to say about 'Buyer Activity Limits'.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/activity-limits.html
Message 4 of 4
latest reply