Paypal money transfer

basafath
Community Member
Hi everybody
I am new to paypal and my question might sound silly to most of you out there.
I have a client who is sending my payment for my services through paypal. I have an unverified account with paypal which I created using my netsafe virtual debit card which is linked to my HDFC bank account. Now when my client sends money, where will this money go? Will it directly go to my HDFC bank account? Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Paypal money transfer

Hi,
It goes into your paypal account. Paypal is like a virtual bank. Once the money shows up in your paypal account it is safe to send the goods.
Once the total in paypal crosses the 150$ mark you can request it as a cheque to your address. You do not have to wait till monies reach the 150$ mark but it is cheaper to do so.
Onesimpleman
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Paypal money transfer

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING, IT MAY BE OF HELP:
Hello,
Some of the most acclaimed members have outrightly rejected the idea that a "DEBIT CARD CAN BE USED TO LIFT THE PAYPAL WITHDRAWAL LIMIT AND GET VERIFIED".
I dont have a Credit Card but ultimately I came to verify my PayPal account 2 months back.

You can, as an Indian, verify your PayPal account using your VISA Debit Card from a Bank that has the facility of generating Virtual Credit Cards (like HDFC bank's NetSafe Cards) for online shopping.
The procedure is like this:
1. Generate a new Virtual Credit Card (INR 100 would do).
2. Enter the Credit Card details in the "Add a Credit Card" option of your PayPal account.
3. Login to your Virtual Credit Card service (like Netsafe Login for HDFC users).
4. Check for Transaction (Txn) Details tab.
5. The card you added to your PayPal account will show the details something like PAYPAL*EXPUSE1234, where 1234 denotes the 4-digit number you have to enter in your PayPal account (called the Expanded Use number).

Once you have done all this, your payPal account will be verified and you shall be allowed to send and receive limitless amounts using PayPal.

I would like to mention that 'Verified' members of PayPal can withdraw funds by requesting a cheque(at least US$ 150) as and when they want. Delays in receiving payments in your PayPal account are NON-EXISTENT, thank God. PaisaPay can take weeks to clear Credit Card payments. PayPal tells you if a member is verified (which helps a lot in determining if the buyer is genuine!) or not.
Credit Card verification is also possible for people who can generate Virtual Credit Cards (in case they dont have a physical one) through NetBanking and then by entering the 'Expanded Use Number' which is available in the online statement for that Card.
PayPal payments can be withdrawn using cheque (US$ 5.0 per withdrawal) or using the third-party service at www.xoom.com (8 to 15 dollars for upto US$ 1000). Funds transferred using xoom.com can be deposited directly in your account in any of the 50 supported BANKS in India.
Please keep a copy of your address proof (same as in your xoom.com account) and ID proof handy; XOOM.com may ask you to email the same in case they wish to verify.

Best Wishes
Shahnawaz ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Paypal money transfer

basafath
Community Member
Thanks for your replies.
THEY WERE VERY VERY HELPFUL.
Even the HDFC helpdesk were not able to guide me and I was feeling lost.
One last clarification. The funds received via Paypal are in my account. Should I first accept the payment and then transfer the funds. Or can i directly transfer the funds via xoom from paypal.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Paypal money transfer

basafath
Community Member
Should I first accept my payment in my paypal account and then transfer the amount using xoom
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Paypal money transfer

basafath
Community Member
When i try to transfer my money from paypal using xoom, it goes through a series of steps. Then there is a step in which I have to authorize payment when I enter the paypal account. There i am asked for the credit / debit card details which has already been provided in the site. After i enter the card details i am not able to transfer money due to some error 3005. I tried this process 3 to 4 times so far. Till now i havnt been sent a receipt of the payment from xoom. Does it mean the money transfer is still incomplete?
where do you think i am going wrong. Please help.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Paypal money transfer

Hello,
When you are lead to the PayPal page by xoom, doesn't it have the Username & password entry boxes for logging in to PayPal.
As you say you have verified your account already, did you confirm this by checking in your PayPal account.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Paypal money transfer

basafath
Community Member
As I enter into the paypal website while transfering funds using xoom, it does ask for my paypal used ID and password. Inspite of all that it starts asking for the card details which have alreday been entered
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Paypal money transfer

Hello,
Please check the following:
1. When you login to PayPal at www.paypal.com, your account name has the letters "VERIFIED" alongside.
2. When you send money through xoom.com, you will be asked how you want to send the funds; there will be 2 options:
i. Credit/ Debit Card
ii. PayPal
Select PayPal as the source of funds.
On the next page enter your PayPal username & password to complete the transaction.

Regards
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Paypal money transfer

Hello,
ONE MORE THING: Make sure that you first accept the payment and there are enough funds in your PayPal account.

Regards
Message 10 of 15
latest reply