Papers with export item?

Hi,For export they need a declaration form.They are not asking anything else.But I feel there should be some papers like a print out of the IEC and also a copy of the invoice.But they say that you put any other thing except the form ,inside the packing.OK.I understand I do what they tell me to do.Another thing is pinching me.The customs clearence cell at the airport may open the pack.Then how do you insure that? I am selling stones and y'know any body is drawn to that sort of stuff.In fact those friends or whoever suggesting not to bother about insurance.What else can be done for buyer safety?Or in the long run my own safety. I understand that in India about 90% guys are honest. That is my own stats.But that rest 10% will wipe out the profit.But then the courier service inside our country limits also do not offer insurance.Well,I am confused.Please help.May be indconcepts, the most wise guy would like to clear this..
Thanks,,Truly,,Amitava
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Papers with export item?

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear Amitava,

Hello,

If you think I am an EXPERT........then you are quite wrong.

I am also on a learning path like you.

ebay is a vast Ocean where you have un-ending things to experience & learn.

As far as your International shipping querry is concerned, there was a work shop organised by ebay with the INDIA POST. One of the question raised and its answer may be of help to you........

😎 What are the requirement and procedures to clear customs?

At the time of booking, the sender has to fill in certain forms prescribed by the Customs. On the basis of these forms, the Customs may clear the article as per normal rules. However, in case of Insured article, the sender has to close his article in the presence of the Custom Officer. This facility is available at SEEPZ PO, Mumbai GPO and Foreign Post Office. All rules and regulations of Import Export policy will apply here.

I am giving you the link of this work-shop which would be quite beneficial to you:

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=100001743&start=0

regards

IndConcepts

customer

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Papers with export item?

snrama
Community Member
Nobody is expert here in this world expect God! There is a lot lot things to learn.

Here you can only find experienced sellers/buyers. So they guide others. ---------------
With Regards,
Snrama 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 3 of 3
latest reply