cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I may be getting cheated...HELP!!!

raj_bang_in1
Community Member
hello all..

I am a relatively new user to e-bay. I have always hesitated from buying anything off the internet as i felt that it is very unsafe and too risky; almost like gambling. But then, there was something i wanted to buy very desperately but dint find it anywhere in my city so i decided to buy it online from e-bay as i got one at a very good price. I won the auction and paid through paisa pay and everything. I even succeffully paid the seller and he even got the payment from my bank account. The moment the money got transferred, the seller's e-bay account got suspended and the item i won was not in the listing anymore!!! ๐Ÿ˜ž

I contacted the seller and he claimed that he was checking about payment status thats all. He even said that he will dispatch the product in a day. I sent him several e-mails after that requesting shipping information as well as his contact number but all in vain. He has not replied to anything yet. It is not like a small thing. I have paid through credit card 16100 rupees. And i am not able to contact this particular person...what can i do? Please help me...anybody.. ๐Ÿ˜ž ๐Ÿ˜ž

I sent payment on 24th september. I have not contacted my bank yet, just bought the matter to e-bay's notice. Is there anything else i can do?? Any suggestion is most welcome..
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Hello,
First thing to do is contact your credit card company and ask them to do a charge back on the transaction (If you paid by credit card). They will reverse the transaction and that will make the seller to come to you.

Also go through
http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html
Instead of writing to ebay customer care , do an item not received form. If the seller wont reply in 10 days you can claim atleast 10000 Rs back from ebay buyer protection scheme.
Also if you really want to take it to extremes, file a complaint at the Police station. It seems you are from Bangalore and there is a cyber police station where you can complaint with details of the seller.
http://www.cyberpolicebangalore.nic.in/ You can file your complaint here.
Regards,
Onesimpleman
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear raj_bang_in1,

The best would be to write to ebay via help form.

This is because I feel that all the amount due to the suspended Seller must have been frozen by the Paisapay.

So...most likey you would get the full refund.

If you ask your Credit Card for charge back and if the Seller has already got his weekly payment from Paisapay then it won't be of much help. This is because paisapay won't be able to make chargeback from the Seller.

If this is the case then I would suggest that you file a claim after going through the Buyer Protection programme. For your convenience I am enclosing the link here :-

http://pages.ebay.in/help/confidence/problems-fraud.html

Buyers are protected upto Rs.10,000

regards

IndConcepts

customer

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Dear Indconcepts,

According to the credit card association rules even if the seller got the money, You can still initiate a chargeback. Then Paisa pay will have to bear the loss and have to proceed against the seller. Some credit card companies even give a 5 month chargeback time.

Paisa pay cannot say , we paid the seller , so we cannot honour this chargeback. They can contest it , if they have proof of delivery of the items.
Thank you,
Kind regards
Onesimpleman
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

r.i.s.h.i
Community Member
yea, plz contact eBay help desk at the below URL. I m sure they will help u in recovering the money...

http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_us/_base/index.html

BEST LUCK!!! --

Luv,

Rishi

><(((ยบ>`ยท.ยธยธ.ยทยดยฏ`ยท.ยธ.ยทยดยฏ`ยท...ยธ><(((ยบ>

Live Like There's No Tomorrow...!!!

--

Luv,

Rishi

Live Like There's No Tomorrow...!!!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

raj_bang_in1
Community Member
ok...this seller is horrible. He doesn even have the courtesy of calling me back. Anyways. i finally have decided to go to my credit card bank and talk to them in cancelling the transaction. Do you people think thats ok? I also told e-bay that i am planning to cancel the deal. I made the payment on 24th september. I hope that its not too late to go about cancelling the transaction as the sellers account got suspended on the morning of 26th of september while the payment got authorised only on the night of 26th september. So i guess the money is still frozen in the paisa pay account only. What is the procedure i follow if not this? Thank you once again for all your help...
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

This is ebay checklist on how to file for buyer protection.
http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/isgw-buyer-protection-steps.html

Hope this helps. First few steps have been already initiated by you. GO ahead and complete it, and you will get refund from paisapay.
But make sure contact credit card customer service with transaction detials and do a chargeback at the same time.
Regards
Onesimpleman
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
Hello Everyone ..

here is the seller got suspended before the date of Paisa Pay payment despatch - Paisa Pay wont despatch the payemnt to the seller for any transactions.

in this case the funs are with Paisa Pay and Buyer needs to claim it back from them giving reason that "The Seller is Suspended"

Regards :) Sunny ๐Ÿ™‚

Age and knowledge don't always come together. Sometimes you just get the age...
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

raj_bang_in1
Community Member
To everyone...

E-bay finally agreed for a re-fund one month after the payment was sent...finally i am getting the money back..am buying off the stuff from a shop near my house itself... have had a very bad experience buying off the net. Anyway thank you for all your help...:-)

good bye...
Message 9 of 9
latest reply