How do Nigerians commit fraud?

baazee-superstore
Community Member
Hi everybody I have one doubt and I would like to ask you guys if you can help me, See almost every day I receive these Orders where the Buyer wants the shipping in Nigeria or say Africa and all of them promise to pay by BID PAY OF WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER now I have heard a lot about these Orders being Fraud by eBay has never told us how and exactly what will be the fraud like, Like say for e.g. if some seller is going to ship any order on eBay he only does after receiving the full payment from the Buyer so even in this case he seller is only going to ship the Item after the full credit of he WESTERN UNION CHEQUE gets credited in his account so here I am little confused that if the seller gets the full payment then how can he be defrauded.

I want EBay and my fellow sellers who have been the victim of this fraud please explain me and the other sellers about their experience with these orders so that the picture becomes 100% clear on the minds of eBay sellers

Regards
Madhu Uppal
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

buying_reeloaded
Community Member
They never pay, they just send you emails saying payment is confirmed.
They even call you saying they are from Western Union or Bid Pay and that money is confirmed.
Even if payment comes in your account, do not ship as that payment may have been made from someone elses credit card and you will receive email saying that there was a fraudulent fund transfer and the bank will block your funds.
Never ship to Nigerians.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

chixaov
Community Member
Isn't it harsh to club all the Nigerians as frauds?
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

r.i.s.h.i
Community Member
the best thing wil lbe to block international buyers, i.e. buyers to countries to which you do not ship. you can do this from the Preferences section of your My eBay. :-) --

Luv,

Rishi

><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

Live Like There's No Tomorrow...!!!

--

Luv,

Rishi

Live Like There's No Tomorrow...!!!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

cooldesgin4u
Community Member
Yes these Nigerians are everywhere, in chatrooms, in emails, and even in ebay..i think they might be there even in any other e-commerce sites.. They even send emails saying that yahoo has done a lottery system and ur email id has got $200,000 prize money and you should claim it..and later they ask for about $4000 to send the funds etc...their target is newbies so any new netuser can be easily trapped by these Nigerians..they have mastered that fraud art..

To identify these Nigerians, all you need to do is watch their email id, and watch their language..and they use "god" word quite often and they even ask "how is your family" , "i will visit your home soon" and their english is broken..

The bottom line is whenever you see the word, Nigeria, Africa..you MUST stay away until unless you have full credentials of that person....

I hope this will help newbies...
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hiya,
There are different ways the nigerian scammers operate on ebay.
http://www.joewein.de/sw/fraud-western-union-bidpay-ebay.htm

this link lists some of them.
1. NEVER pay anything up front for ANY reason.
2. NEVER extend credit for ANY reason.
3. NEVER do ANYTHING until their check clears.
4. NEVER expect ANY help from the Nigerian Government.
5. NEVER rely on YOUR Government to bail you out.

If you follow these simple principles you can avoid the scam

Kind regards,
Onesimpleman
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
These days they are registering from Indian name and Address and buying fro us.

Although ebay system now blocks most of them !! :) Sunny 🙂

Age and knowledge don't always come together. Sometimes you just get the age...
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny 🙂
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

jhillionline
Community Member
Selling in ebay.in - it is like feeling the terror 😞 I am new seller in ebay.in . But if this is going on - I have to stop thinking about ebay.in and go to others.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

atulnc1
Community Member
DO NOT TRUST THE NIGERIAN FRAUDS,THEY MAY BE USING STOLEN CREDIT CARDS,OR MAY BE COMMITING OTHER FRAUD WAYS BY WHICH U CAN LAND IN TROUBLE AFTERWARDS,
JUST THINK WHY DONT U GET AS MANY ORDERS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD,WHICH U GET FORM SUCH A COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA.

ATUL
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

cornish-babe
Community Member
Yes there are quite a lot of Nigerians frauds , buts theres still english doing fraud and many other people from different countrys, so you cant just say its all them !

Jenny
Message 10 of 10
latest reply