Defective item and remedy thereof

papa123452010
Community Member
Hi every body out there....this must have happened once to some e-bayers.
Recently I purchased a brand new motherboard from the listings in e-bay.The material was delivered to me well in time.........however the motherboard was defective and did not boot up from the very beginning.
Contacted the seller who instead of replacing the item suggests me to send the item to servicing centre.
Wanted just to know if such incident occurred to anybody.Does the sellers responsibility ends upon delivery of the item?Can anybody suggest what do I do?
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

snrama
Community Member
Dear modang123,

If the product is not working from the beginning, seller should provide replacement.

If the problem occurs after few weeks / months, then the buyer should go to the authorized service centers of the respective brand if Manufacturer's warranty and a valid bill is provided. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

praveen1981_123
Community Member
Hi, I want to buy a digit camera with some warrenty. Can any tell me how i will avail that warrenty...
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

papa123452010
Community Member
Thanks for the valuable comment.The motherboard was not working from the very beginning....so I should well return it to the seller...isn't it?
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hello,

Let me add my 4 annas.

Most manufacturers / distributors provide a DOA (death on arrival - item not working on receipt) replacement for a period of say 3-7 days from sale.

Now a Online Dealer gets this replacement guarantee for 3-7 days from date of his purchase.

By the time a online buyer receives the product or by the time he sends it back to the online seller the
DOA warranty is already over.

Than the product has to go through the regullar warranty claims. So if the buyer has a service center closer to his home than it would be better (faster) if the buyer gets it serviced / replaced himself. If he sends it back to the seller, he may ending up spending too much time in transit from his home to dealers office and reverse.

---------

Devesh
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

trust.deals
Community Member
Bechara jo bhi seller hoga, woh to gaya.

It is a motherboard. There are many other stuff that the buyer has to install on the motherboard before it starts working. Like SMPS, CPU fan memory chip cables processor hard disk cd drive led etc etc

There are chances that the installation process was not followed properly and hence there might be some harm to the motherboard as it is very sensitive and may even burn within a nano second if it not properly connected to other devices.

just saying that the seller should give a replacement does not sound good. We have made up our mind that we have to give 7 days replacement for buyers satisfaction, but there are some cases like this where the seller may become a scapgoat without any fault of his.

I hope that the TnS team keeps this in mind before evaluating any negatives or disputes for all the sellers.

Regards
Shuaib
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

papa123452010
Community Member
Thanks for all the comments.......seems only snrama has picked up the point.
Thers a hell of alot difference in buying online and buying from a retailer.A buyer cannot try the product ..test it .. before it reaches him.just saying that he buyer has not connected the item in the right slot and burnt it within so called ....nanosecond is like saying ..the buyer is a fool.
He will be more of a fool to ship it back.....with loss of money...time...keeping away the thought that he had ordered the item from the hundred and thousands of listings.
yaaaah....I do agree that there are certain products whose functionality cannot be guaranteed by the seller himself.they have to depend on the manufacturers warranty or so.
Therefore..just as the seller sells the item he should be prepared to hear to the buyers grievance.
This is the basis of bussiness I suppose.
P.S My seller has been sensible enough to agree to replace the item.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply