cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

why is my claim#166270 not processed in 28 days

cfer1872
Community Member

i had made a purchase on jan 22 2016....received my item a damaged asus motherboard on the 28th and immediately raised a claim for replacement. Since then i have been told to wait for 48hours everytime i call and was assured that their turnaround time was 20 days. 27 days later, since ebay seems to be taking all the time in the world to process my claim I called them to change my claim from replacement to refund (so that i can just buy a new one and wait for a refund) and guess what they tell me to wait for a call from the claims dept.even to do that. I have really been very patient with ebay since i have been dealing with them for many years in US(where i never had a problem) and now in India. Like why cant we be connected to the claims department if we want to make changes to our claim specially since its taking so much time. I infact got all my components for assembling a PC from ebay along with the damaged motherboard and now i have to wait over a month or maybe 2 for it to be processed even when its not my fault at all. Is that fair on the customer. I have been told by the help desk that the courier company is taking time to respond, is that my fault. Shouldn't that be between ebay and the courier company.

This has been by far the worst online shopping experience for me ever.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

cfer1872
Community Member

Now ebay asks me to ship product back and said they would reimburse me with coupons. So I pay 7500 for the product +2200 for shipping it back. I am out 9700 rupees for nothing. Just hoping for them to pay me quick for my inconvinience. Well at least they promised me to pay my shipping via dd and not coupons. I dont understand why they cant arrange a pick up through their courier. I mean one of the main reason for online shopping is convinience at home. This process by ebay ruins the purpose entirelyI had to travel15kmps from home specially because they even have a deadline of 3 days to ship the product back or else they would reject the claim. I dont know why i still shop alot at online ebay.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

cfer1872
Community Member
Called ebay back two days after the product was delivered back to the seller and it's back to "wait for 48hours you will receive a call from ourside"...48 hours that never seem to end.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Finally my claim was approved on the 2nd of March, not yet received it yet(22nd march). Ebay helpline says to wait for the 12 to 15 days timeline when i called on the 14th day. Today i called and they tell me to wait for the timeline which is now 20 days. Sooooooooooooooooo frustrating. They say its not even sent out yet. Now this is a claim that was opened on the 28th of January. Almost two months and no refund yet.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply