cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller not abiding to warranty terms and conditions

smoh8075
Community Member

Hi Ebay,

This is in regards to a purchase I made in Ebay on 18th December 2014 of Sony Xperia Z from a seller ***. The product was delivered to my sister in Delhi as it was a gift I had purchased for her. The product from the first week had slight charging problem which my sister thought was due to usage . After  one and half month of purchase the phone stopped powering on . Initially we took the phone to Sony Service Center who asked us to contact Ebay directly as they mentioned the phone was not manufactured by Sony India . On contacting ebay we were told to directly contact the seller as the phone is under one year of seller warranty. We had contacted the seller. The seller recieved the phone after 4 days of sending via courier. Initially the seller told us that he is checking the phone and would get back, after 2 weeks he started telling that his office is relocating so he could check the phone. Later he stopped responding to our phone calls and everytime inorder to get a response from him we need to call from a diffrent number, else he wont pick.. Everytime we spoke with him, he had a new excuse. Now after 5 weeks he is stating that there is a  needs of carrying out some repair on the phone and we may need to bear the repair cost and the labour charges. My question is, when we purchased the phone we were told of 1 year repair or replace gurantee from the seller , now he is asking us to pay for the spare part. he is not even telling us what the issue is and that really brings about suspision. For 5 weeks he has kept the phone with him and he could put false claims that the phone has been mis-handled which led to the failure. On contacting ebay we are told that this is outside ebay and we need to deal with the seller ourself, We have regularly used ebay services and it is very unfortunate that ebay is refusing any help when a seller doest abide to his warranty claims. This would only lead to us losing our trust with Ebay. Please help in sorting my issues. 

Warm Regards

Satish Mohanan

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0