fraud buyers. please do something about them

shefali509
Community Member
every time an item is listed for sale on your website genuine members likfraud buyers with no background even on your website bid and buy the items . although the listing clearly says that such people need not bid ebay does nothing to stop them charges for sale are immediately put on the sellers account . the item is barred from relisting for atleast 20 days . i am really disappointed with this site now as i have been trying to sell 1 item on your site and every time the same people with a new email id supposedly buy the item on the first day of listing and block it out as item is considered sold by your website and removed immediately. please do something about it otherwise you people will loose a lot of your genuine members like me.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi shefali509,

i understand your concern regarding fraud buyers and eBay is already working to reduce them. However, at the same time, you also have tools at your disposal to stop such buyers from bidding on your item.
You may block a bidder or cancel a bid that you have received. It also helps to report any non paying/fraud bidder to eBay for appropriate actions against such user.

I will encourage you to understand more about bidder management tool

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

I faced the same problem regarding sale of an Emerald. A buyer put a bid and won within half an hour of his registration. Neither did he pay nor respond to any of my emails.

I know there are means to stop just casual buyers but then by implimenting those one can loose genuine bidders also. I think in case of non-payment / non-response by new buyers with 0 or lower points, one should relist the item even when the Dispute console is on. In the rare case of the buyer really paying after a long time and simulteneously, another buyer winning the relisted item, ebay should allow the seller to cancel one listing without hassle.

Regards
Swarup Dutta
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

bay_jyoti
Community Member
Dear Madam Sapana,
What Shefali509 is not talking about bid items but the 'BUY IT NOW' items. You cannot cancel it's deal once made. All you can do is report the matter and till then the item is counted as sold and cannot be relisted. Once it is cleared, again it is placed on the last page with 3 day listing even if it was ought to be in first page with 'ending soon' tag.
A losing situation for the seller.
What Shefali has forgot to mention is 'what if such a fraud buyer leaves a negative feedback for the seller?'
Should that feedback be displayed with the ID?? Should it be counted while giving him/her the 'powerseller' status??? Is that fair????
Regards
Jyoti
Message 4 of 4
latest reply