error 500 while posting a thread

karanmalik
Community Member
Is it just me or is everyone getting this error while posting or replying to a thread here?

500 Internal Server Error

Resin 2.1.16 (built Tue Feb 15 11:12:27 PST 2005)

I use the back button on the browser and post again and it works fine. But everytime in the last few days I wanto make a post, I get this error the first time and the second time it works.
cheers!
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

srjsms
Community Member
lol...Mr. KM...even i got that error two to three times...then i closed the browser...logged in again and lo the error vanished...!!
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

For hte last couple of days, for various operations, I am getting eBay's error page describing "Page not responding" .... "Check Announcement"....

So, I don't think its just your problem.
* Best Regards 😄
Swarup Dutta
Kolkata
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

This is the first time I have heard about the error you have faced while posting on the Boards.

Thanks for bringing the same to my notice. If you happen to face the error again, I will request you to mail me a screenshot of the error, URL and what you were doing before you received the error. It will really help us in understanding and fixing the error.

Also, since Discussion boards are maintained by a company called Live World, an eBay error will normally not effect Discussion Boards.

Thanks,
Sapana
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

karanmalik
Community Member
Hi,
I am still getting that error. Without fail each time i want to post.
I am certain I will get it with this post as well.
I will send you the screenshot.

Thanks
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

srjsms
Community Member
karan..sapan has asked u to paste a screen shot......hahaha..juss think abt it..can u ever send a JPEG image to customer care or post the same here ??
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

karanmalik
Community Member
i am sure she meant mailing her the pics at the address mentioned right next to her name, and not posting them at this thread or to the customer dept!
I already did mail her the pics.
Cheers!
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Thanks karanmalik1

The details you have sent will be helpful.

In the mean while, I will also request you to clear your cookies, and check out again. Many a times, a issue gets resolved by clearing cookies. For ex, - srjsms has mentioned that after closing the browser and re-log in, the issue was resolved.

I will keep you updated about the result of the investigation.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 8 of 8
latest reply