ebay guarantee - NO GUARANTEE!

viks29
Community Member

I'm writing this painfully to present my dismay with ebay and it's claims of so called guarantee!

Let me provide you the details of what has happened - chronologically.

I planned to purchase a camera from ebay and found one that suited. I purchased and made the payment through PaisaPay online on the 9th of December 2013. The product was supposed to be delivered by 11th of December. It was a cost of INR 32,950/-

Now it is very important for me to receive the product before the 20th of december or else i would have to go and buy from elsewhere.

This is what happened next: I got an email on the 9th of December from ebay stating that "your refund request has been rejected and the reason is"

??? I did not ask for a refund at that time! Also the message did not have any reason. I though I'll give it a day to understand what's going on.

Then on the 10th of December, I get an email that the product will be shipped and you will be notified.

This kind of made me happy and i felt assured that the confusion must be over and the product must be getting shipped.

However, there was no communication thereafter.

I waited for some days and the product was not delivered, nor was there any communication about it.

Then finally i decided to cancel it and ask for refund. I thought this would be simple. As i have paid through Paisapay, they have it in their records and they know the product has not been shipped. So it should be very simple and my bank should be credited with my money!

But this complaint went to ebay Guarantee and they have just not done anything. 

To top it up, i get an email from them asking for proof that i have made a payment and for me to respond to this by sending an email to the address they provided within 48 hours or else they would assume it is not paid.!!

I was furious, but yet responded as they wanted. Why would they want me to even prove it when it's all done online and they have all the records!

After that, there has been no response. They have not replied to any of my emails. I wonder how ebay works. Wonder if there is any kind of accountability in their organisation.

I'm travellind and usually abroad and hence cannot call on their Indian toll free number everytime to get a standard response that it will be handled by ebay guarantee.

Having said all this, it is the 13th of February, 2014. And I have not yet received my money back and also not received any response!

I write to you out of frustration. Hoping somewhere I will be heard. And i hate to say, and would be obvious, I will no longer buy anything from ebay

Thanks,

Viks29

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: ebay guarantee - NO GUARANTEE!

ebay cheated me also.

seller has delivered the fake product but ebay not accepting my claim.

they are protecting sellers not buyers.

@viks29 wrote:

I'm writing this painfully to present my dismay with ebay and it's claims of so called guarantee!

Let me provide you the details of what has happened - chronologically.

I planned to purchase a camera from ebay and found one that suited. I purchased and made the payment through PaisaPay online on the 9th of December 2013. The product was supposed to be delivered by 11th of December. It was a cost of INR 32,950/-

Now it is very important for me to receive the product before the 20th of december or else i would have to go and buy from elsewhere.

This is what happened next: I got an email on the 9th of December from ebay stating that "your refund request has been rejected and the reason is"

??? I did not ask for a refund at that time! Also the message did not have any reason. I though I'll give it a day to understand what's going on.

Then on the 10th of December, I get an email that the product will be shipped and you will be notified.

This kind of made me happy and i felt assured that the confusion must be over and the product must be getting shipped.

However, there was no communication thereafter.

I waited for some days and the product was not delivered, nor was there any communication about it.

Then finally i decided to cancel it and ask for refund. I thought this would be simple. As i have paid through Paisapay, they have it in their records and they know the product has not been shipped. So it should be very simple and my bank should be credited with my money!

But this complaint went to ebay Guarantee and they have just not done anything. 

To top it up, i get an email from them asking for proof that i have made a payment and for me to respond to this by sending an email to the address they provided within 48 hours or else they would assume it is not paid.!!

I was furious, but yet responded as they wanted. Why would they want me to even prove it when it's all done online and they have all the records!

After that, there has been no response. They have not replied to any of my emails. I wonder how ebay works. Wonder if there is any kind of accountability in their organisation.

I'm travellind and usually abroad and hence cannot call on their Indian toll free number everytime to get a standard response that it will be handled by ebay guarantee.

Having said all this, it is the 13th of February, 2014. And I have not yet received my money back and also not received any response!

I write to you out of frustration. Hoping somewhere I will be heard. And i hate to say, and would be obvious, I will no longer buy anything from ebay

Thanks,

Viks29

Message 2 of 2
latest reply