cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ebay charging extra final value fees shocking!!!

sunwebsolutions
Community Member
Hi,

I just started to sell on ebay. I was very impressed with the way things were going with me selling great guns and selling at a brisk pace on ebay.

Hence I was absolutely shocked when I received my first ebay final value seller fees today morning. I have been selling bluetooth headsets which comes under the category mobile accessories which in turn does comes under the technology category and is charged 1% final value fees.

So imagine my shock when I see in my bill that I have been charged 5% for all the bluetooth headsets sold by me. After that I immediately contacted the ebay help line. I was absolutely horrified at the pathetic ebay helpline I called them a total 4 times and out of that 2 times when my call was being handled by a telecaller named VIDYA she actually disconnected my call......

The only thing I got after making 4 calls at 12:00 noon (and explaining them each time the nature of my problem) what I got was a polite letoff with an email id with the statement that email us your problem on this email id and somebody will get back to you. I would say Indian goverment with all its red tape works faster and more efficiently....

So finally I email the given email id and receive an email at 7:00 pm (when they are just about to leave the office ) that actually inspite of whats written by them on the site by some magic the category of bluetooth headsets comes under 5%

Hello,

Thank you for writing to eBay. This is Vidya and I appreciate the chance to assist you.

I understand from your mail that you wish to know the FVF chagres about the item which you have listed.

As per the ebay policy the 1% Final Value fees will be charged on Technology categories and 5% Final value fees will be charged on Other Technology categories like mobile phone and accessories.

I trust the information provided useful. Do let us know, if you have any questions

You can also talk to us through Live Help or call our Helpline. To know more about the support options please refer to

http://pages.ebay.in/paisapay/phone-support.html

If time permits, please leave an appropriate feedback for my service to you. You may get a separate email requesting for feedback. Your valuable feedback and inputs will help me to improve my services towards other members and you.

Regards,

Vidya K
eBay Customer Support

Dunno what to do is there actually somebody on ebay who can resolve this issue. Also a request to ebay employees please check atleast whats written on your site before you reply to your customers.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

ebay charging extra final value fees shocking!!!

lotmany
Community Member
As a co-seller, we regret for your shocking fee charged.

It would be informative if you can provide the item id or the exact category you have selected at the time of listing.

Hope you should be seeing the FVF at the end of the listing interface before submitting for listing.

Anyway, you can reply back to CS (to the Vidya K mail, you received) for further clarification.

Regards
Message 2 of 2
latest reply