cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay refusing to reimburse shipping cost for an item returned to seller

Hi

Pen drive shipped to me was spurious (see your own website http://www.ebay.com/gds/All-About-Fake-Flash-Drives-2013-/10000000177553258/g.html ) I have used h2testw  tool and I found that the pen drive to be spurious.

I have incurred Rs. 170 as return shipment charges.

E-bay says that if the item shipped is not proper, then the return shipping cost will be beared by the seller. Please read the following in the abovementioned link (I recommend that you immediately open a case through the resolution center. Select the fake option, state clearly that this is a fraudulently altered drive - Significantly Not As Described (SNAD), request a full refund with "seller pays return shipping", and decline the standard "buyer pays return shipping" offer.)

However in this case the Ebay is giving me return shipping charges in the form of Coupon, which is not acceptable to me.
I therefore request you to refund me the full amount  Rs. 2070 + Rs. 170 as courier charges, So total refund should be Rs. 2240.
As its seller fault  not mine

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 12:11 PM, eBay <ebay@ebay.in> wrote:

eBay Guarantee * - Don't worry, Buy happy!
eBay
eBay Guarantee

An eBay Guarantee* claim has been resolved

Dear Sudesh,

We are pleased to inform you that we are approving your refund request and the same will be refunded to your original mode of payment. Please find the details here

Action : Buyer provided a valid return shipment details - Claim approved

Remarks : As per our telephonic conversation on 23/01/2014 at 12:00pm , we are pleased to inform you that we are approving your refund request and closing the claim. Your refund will be sent to your original mode of payment and it will take 3-4 days for the amount to reflect in your account if it is a private bank, and 15 days if it is a nationalised bank. The reimbursement of the coupon you used for this transaction will be sent via a coupon valid for 30 days. It will be sent to your registered email address, and you can expect to receive it within 3-4 business days. Note: Sundays and Public Holidays are excluded from working days. Thank you for shopping with eBay.

Item Information

Claim ID:384146
PaisaPay ID:35421763363
Item number:131089264588
Seller ID:sharpedge7
Date claim opened:14-01-2014
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBay refusing to reimburse shipping cost for an item returned to seller

napthna
Community Member