cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

eBay refusing to reimburse shipping cost for an item returned to seller

Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased a BRUT For Men Spray 100ml perfume from seller onlinemegastore06 on 24/12/2013

The PaisaPay ID for the above transaction is 35286528596

After receiving the product, I found that the product is fake (I know this because I have been using BRUT since the last 10 years)

I immediately informed the seller about it on 29/12/2013 and the seller insisted me to return the item to them for a refund and also to register a claim with eBay to have the shipping cost reimbursed through eBay coupons.

I opened a claim with eBay vide claim no - 373249 on 01/01/2014 regarding the above transaction and filed it under "Item not as expected"

On 03/01/2014, I got a call from the eBay claims department enquiring about the claim and once I told them that I am not happy with the item received, they told me that they will have to reject the claim since the item was received "as advertised" on the website and it doesn't matter whether I am satisfied with it or not. They insisted that I take up the matter with the aforementioned seller for a resolution.

When asked about the reimbursement of my shipping cost in sending the item back to the seller, eBay representative told me over the phone call that once I send the item back to the seller, I should send a scanned copy of the postage receipt to insellerverification@ebay.com and I would get the reimbursement of my shipping charges through eBay discount coupons.

The seller (onlinemegastore06 http://myworld.ebay.in/onlinemegastore06) also assured me that the shipping cost would be reimbursed by eBay

I finally shipped the item back on 08/01/2014 via India Speed Post - AWB EW236169525IN and also immediately sent a scanned copy of the postage receipt amounting to Rs 135 to insellerverification@ebay.com, inrswebhelp@ebay.com & incswebhelp@ebay.com

I got a refund of my item price from the seller on 10/01/2014

There has been no reply from eBay since that day, I finally contacted their facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ebaydotin on 11/01/2014 and enquired about the shipping cost reimbursement.

Today (12/01/2014), I got a message from eBay via facebook that I would not be getting the reimbursement, since the claim was rejected because their eBay Guarantee doesn't cover items like Sprays.

So this complaint is against the contradicting statements made by eBay. Initially, they assured me that I would get the reimbursement for the shipping charges despite the claim being rejected, but now they are denying providing the reimbursement of the shipping cost.

I would have never had sent the item back to the seller on my own cost had I not been assured of a reimbursement by eBay. I also wouldn't have got the email (insellerverification@ebay.com) that eBay provided for the reimbursement purpose.

Find attached the scanned copy of the postage receipt as was sent to eBay for reimbursement of the shipping charges.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0