Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Fee changes for Shops, Features, Technology Categories & Wholesale Lot

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Community Members

The eBay India team has been relentlessly pursuing its goal of increasing online shopping in India by focusing on providing lots of safe, easy, deals for Indian buyers.

In the past 2 years we have invested in Coupons, Marketing Promotions, Regular TV and Outdoor campaigns, Deals of the Week, Daily Deals, eBay Guarantee* and PaisaPay COD to name a few. These initiatives have helped build robust demand onsite and have helped our seller community scale their business. Consequently, eBay India is on a fast paced growth path with more visitors, more buyers – both new and repeat, more sellers - both new and longstanding and more items available today than at any other time.

Post discussions with our key sellers across categories and after understanding the commercial dynamics of the ‘supply-chain’ in various product categories, we will be making a few changes to the eBay.in final value fees. We have also relooked at some of the feature and tools fees and are making fee changes basis the real benefit (exposure and sales) that our sellers derive from using them. The following changes will be applicable all listings and all transactions created on eBay.in and post 23:59:59 IST on 31st Aug 2010

Click here to see all Fee changes

To help understand these changes better and to discuss various aspects of selling on eBay, please join the online workshop with the eBay Category Team on this thread on Friday, 6th August, 4 PM.

Please feel free to use our Customer Support Resources to understand how this change will impact your business and discuss your options for adjusting your eBay selling strategy. You can also reach out to your Category manager or your Account manager to understand the changes and incorporate them in your business.

Regards,
The eBay Team
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

biren@ebay.com
Community Member
Posting on behalf of Category Team

------------------------------

Dear Community Members,

Many of you seem to have a concern about an increase in FVF.

If you look at the overall pricing changes, you will find that we have taken a conscious decision not to increase FVF in price sensitive product lines like Branded Mobiles, Laptops, Digital cameras, iPods etc.

As far as accessories are concerned, price is not the only criteria on which buyers make their decision. Factors like wide range, multiple features & uniqueness of the product play a key role in deciding the purchase.

Since large variety is critical for success in accessories, we have removed insertion fees for premium shop subscribers. Now , sellers will be able to list their entire inventory on the site & maximize sales without any incremental cost.

Hope this addresses some of your concerns & gives an overall perspective of the recent pricing changes for technology products.

Regards
Category Team
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Hi,

Now we can save on listing fee (after subsribe Premium shop, hope we get SM Pro free with this as earlier too) , but on the other hand we have to spend on FVF more.

I feel there is not enough margins on branded items, but unbranded items and accessories doesn;t have MRP and they are giving boost to a business.

So lets khao aur khane do 🙂
(Eat and let others eat)
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
Respected eBay ,

1- For premium shop's listing fee for 5,7 and more days have been removed. This step is good but please take care that big sellers do not take advantage of this to create multiple listings.

I have noticed recently that big sellers are having duplicate listings over 12 in number of a same item. And I am sure after listing fee being removed this thing is going to increase multi fold. Little strictness will definitely help in keeping marketplace clean.

Example- Search for Keyword "Yoga Mat". Sellers have 8- 12 listings of a same item.

2- Please do clarify the category of "wholesale lot", how many minimum items can be clubbed together to qualify as a wholesale lot?
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

turningpoint2009
Community Member
Hi All,
I found that many sellers are unhappy with the new eBay fees structure but I think you are all looking at the smaller picture. If you look @ the bigger picture I think eBay has done a great job in this new fee structure. I say this because of the below points
· To increase the supply & variety eBay has reduce the listing fee for premium shops to zero which will not only encourage sellers to upload their entire inventory on the site but will also provide buyers with a great amount of choice & selection which will result in increase sales.
· 4% FVF increase in accessories need not be necessarily passed on to the buyer. If sellers can absorb 1% & pass-on 3% to buyers it will not impact the purchase decision of the buyer as generally the average selling price of products in this category will be about Rs 2000 so a buyer will see a hike of Rs 60. It’s unlikely that purchase decision will be impacted because of this hike. Buyers also get coupons so they might not feel the impact of fee increase at all.
· Whatever I’ve seen, eBay will not take any step that will reduce its business & ultimately reduce business for sellers. I’m sure they would have looked at various permutations & combinations before arriving at these changes.
· Also, for sellers who have more than 800 items live their operating cost will be reduced post the price changes. Below is the reason
800 listings for a week mean 3200 listings for the month (7 day listing). As per the current fee structure seller will be charged Rs.2350 as listing fee plus if he has a feature shop Rs 1200 more. So the total cost comes to Rs 3550. With the new price changes a seller can have unlimited listings + all features of a premium shop @ Rs. 2999.
Do agree that no price change would have been great but as the saying goes “Change is the only thing constant”
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

jjmehta_india
Community Member
Give some , take some , seems to be the eBay India plan . It will help sellers with large amount of listings .

In Chinese camera accessories FVF increase might not matter much , but in branded camera accessories some product pricing will come close to MRP .

Only issue is we hope sellers don't flood ebay with junk and multiple listings of the same item , which might confuse the buyer .

I am cautiously positive overall !!

Kartik
For jjmehta_india
Kartik Mehta
Message 15 of 26
latest reply

This is So bad And I am a seller Specialized in "Internet & Service" According to me the Charges are so Cruel.why Ebay is Now Attacking Us?. Decreasing the price of other items and increasing the Price of Some items i.e 5% .I request ebay to Re-calculate the desition,Also i want to remind ebay that all sellers cant afford Premium shop.
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

clickcents
Community Member
With this fee structure change,the premium shop owners are mostly benefited..but for small and individual sellers,the fee hike will make very bad impact on the over sales..Around 10% (FVF + Paisapay+EMI+taxes) plus courier fee will make the sellers to double think how to sell in ebay..!i think from sept 1st,ebay will have the hightest % commission site for each sale in shopping sites.

If ebay can reduce the paisapay fee,that would be great for sellers..

Anybody can think that if we sell a product for Rs.5000,the toatl ebay expensens will be over Rs.500 plus courier charges..so what the seller is going to get the profit? No body can sell above MRP also..Normally buyers buy in ebay because as they get lower pricing than in local shops..but with the higher fee structure,let's see how sellers can offer offer/deal prices to arract buyers..!

Overall 10% fee for a seller seems bad decision to sell any product
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

ezeeshop.in
Community Member
Hi all
Beast solution & reply to ebay for this what they have done is Boycott ebay.in completely for selling atleast for sometime. They will come to know by themselves when their profits will decrease. Nobody can make profit by giving ebay 10% approx in total in this competition.
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Dear Sellers

If you are thinking about margin they why you not increase product prices?? I think this is only solution against this charges.

Regards
rhtdm.6624
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

ezeeshop.in
Community Member
Increasing prices will not b a solution. If buyer get better deal in retail market than online shopping on ebay then why will someone buy on ebay.
we cannot sell anything at MRP or more than MRP on ebay.
Message 20 of 26
latest reply