Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Fee changes for Shops, Features, Technology Categories & Wholesale Lot

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Community Members

The eBay India team has been relentlessly pursuing its goal of increasing online shopping in India by focusing on providing lots of safe, easy, deals for Indian buyers.

In the past 2 years we have invested in Coupons, Marketing Promotions, Regular TV and Outdoor campaigns, Deals of the Week, Daily Deals, eBay Guarantee* and PaisaPay COD to name a few. These initiatives have helped build robust demand onsite and have helped our seller community scale their business. Consequently, eBay India is on a fast paced growth path with more visitors, more buyers – both new and repeat, more sellers - both new and longstanding and more items available today than at any other time.

Post discussions with our key sellers across categories and after understanding the commercial dynamics of the ‘supply-chain’ in various product categories, we will be making a few changes to the eBay.in final value fees. We have also relooked at some of the feature and tools fees and are making fee changes basis the real benefit (exposure and sales) that our sellers derive from using them. The following changes will be applicable all listings and all transactions created on eBay.in and post 23:59:59 IST on 31st Aug 2010

Click here to see all Fee changes

To help understand these changes better and to discuss various aspects of selling on eBay, please join the online workshop with the eBay Category Team on this thread on Friday, 6th August, 4 PM.

Please feel free to use our Customer Support Resources to understand how this change will impact your business and discuss your options for adjusting your eBay selling strategy. You can also reach out to your Category manager or your Account manager to understand the changes and incorporate them in your business.

Regards,
The eBay Team
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

It means that now we all have to pay the following fees from Sep 2010 onwards to sell most of the hi-tech item on ebay through paisapay on EMI basis i.e.

1. FVF Fee = 5%
2. Paisapay Fee = 5% to 6% Approx with Taxes & EMI Option (Other payment options are already restricted)
3. Insertion Fee / Store Charges = 1% to 3% Approx of Monthly Sale
4. Courier Charges = 2-7% Approx (depending upon item value and weight, it can further vary)
5. Profit = 2% to 4% (If we want to earn something on ebay)

Total = 15% to 25%

The MRP on most of IT products is below 15% of purchase prices. So we will end up selling the products higher than MRPs which would attract more neutral / negative feedbacks from buyer for higher prices and also repel them to buy online.

P.S.: We also need to pay 4.5% to 13.5% local VAT on all the products and also need to include it in our ebay cost. Those who want to sell on COD basis would also need to add further 5% on selling charges.
-------
Expect the best.

-------
Expect the best.
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
Almost all of my buyers are international customers . The only charm of listing my products on ebay.in was 1% FVF .
Now since it is at par with ebay.com which has better reach to international customers I will be forced to start listing on eBay.com only with Paypal or other methods of payments.

I believe not only buyers & sellers but Paisapay will also loose considerable business due to above changes.

anyways as usual nobody is going to reverse decisions of ebay once they are announced . they are simply under the control of eBay.com bosses , Indian interests are not worth consideration.

If we add these increased charges in shipping costs then they have purposely kept a DSR rating for shipping charges in the hands of buyers.

very discouraging step .:( 😞 😞

Narinder
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Hi Narinder,
That is bad news for techs.
I have a basic shop right now and I list hobby items.
I am not affected financially.
Ebay should try to justify the changes by giving some extra added advantages to make sense.
I think, we are getting more exposure now-a-days, which means more sales. Also PsPCOD includes FVF. So, it hardly matters.
Am I right?
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Dear Sellers,

Ab To Jago & Don't Make competition on product prices. You will not get anything if you do it. We are paying that much we are not earning.

Very bad step of eBay. As already we are paying too much for listings & now fees are increased more...

Thanks
rhtdm.6624
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

So ebay has kicked Technology category in its teeth and has decided to babysit and pamper Jewelry and Lifestyle categories.

To top this we have the DSR and SNP parameters and ZERO seller support and a cut n paste customer care team, a non-responsive trust n safety team all these are adding to sellers woes.

Undoubtedly an hasty and irrational decision taken without consulting the sellers.

Well to each his own, its time to move on to other pastures, where there is no level playing field there is no fun in doing business on ebay anymore.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Hi Sapana,
eBay india's robust buyer base is really a myth. What you really have done is you have pampered non-paying buyers without bothering about teaching them the codes of civil society. So much so that such simple insertions as to a request to honour transaction in the checkout, as is done in all respectable ebay sites, has been wilfully avoided. So please dont boast on this account.
If you want example, I shall give you many.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

This is one of the Bad things eBay have Ever done to Tech Sellers.If the Final Value is increased then There should be no profit for the sellers.
Eg--
If a Seller is selling a domain name(.in)And the listing got highest bidding of 100Rs.Then the Expenses for the sellers are
Listing charges =1rs
Final value credit = 5Rs (5%)
Paisapay Charges= 4.4Rs (4.4%)
Charges = 1+5+4.4= 10.4

Domain Whole sale rate(.in) =85

Total charges =85+10.4 = 95.4
Profit =4.6Rs

I request Ebay To Give Tech Sellers Exception from this rates Otherwise It is Really a Slapping by ebay
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

In continuation to our previous post, here are some positive points about new eBay fee structure announcement as under i.e.

1. Seller may not factor the shipping cost in item price where ever the item price goes beyond MRP. For seller warranty products , Sellers can continue to offer free shipping.

2. MRP of IT products below 15% of purchase price is true only for Devices like laptops, Memory etc in which the eBay still has FVF of 1% only. The fee is to be increased only for accessories and not for the devices.

3. Paisapay COD 5% is all inclusive price and seller has no need to pay additional 5% to the existing paisapay charge. So there is no increase in cost by offering paisapay COD.

Apart from this the bulk sellers can subscribe to Premium Shop so as to increase listings further without paying any additional Insertion Fee. This will reduce the listing cost to a greater extent & also increase the overall business & Profitability.

:-)
-------
Expect the best.

-------
Expect the best.
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

thebigoffer
Community Member
This is a very bad step ..
Most of my Item are in increased FVF section ..

Instead of giving something back .. ebay.in is taking a lot more from me.

1 Rupee Listing Fee + 5% FVF + PaisaPay 4.41%

Its almost 10% for per 100 Rupee

And Please ebay dont forget that we also pay courier Charges

There is no Profit left..
Message 10 of 26
latest reply