eBay Court Issue - Need advise

ritu*s_collections
Community Member
A buyer bought 2 items from me. Created issues. eBay claim advisors decided the case in my favor. The buyer then gave me (wrongful) negative feedback for both items.

I opened two cases on eBay Court for both items. Both buyer and me wrote the same words. One of them was closed in my behalf within 2 days. The other took all 5 days and then after 5 days I got a message that it has been decided in buyer's favor.

My question is that how can 2 cases (same issue, same parties, same feedback, same appeal, same eBay) can be judged in different results?

Am at a loss of words.

Finally have decided to quit eBay for good. Can't work with people/companies that are not reasonable. The worst part was that no one even cared to call after my calling customer support for multiple times.

Would love to hear your views on the same.
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

takgye
Community Member
@ritu*s_collections...very true

There is something definitely wrong in CRF.Sometimes the decisions are completely illogical.

EBay is turning into a platform for blackmailing sellers by unjustified feedbacks that clearly violate "Sellers Terms of Sale".
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

sales.india
Community Member
similar kind of things happening with us.
\ takgye are you guys jury there??.. ebay invited you guys?
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

kavitadelhi
Community Member
EBay policies dont allow to disclose who jury is...but we think we sellers are not part of this illogical "Seller Harassment Forum"

The way to survive is probably
1.Increase Prices
2.Reduce Sales
3.Send Replacements even without proof of Not working
4.Beg for revisions as some say.
5.Cheat most buyers by high prices and help some cunning ones with free stuff.

Otherwise survival with refunds, RTO losses, Empty packet refunds , 4% penalty and almost 10% fees is going to be impossible on ebay.

TNS needs to be strengthened with better technologies or equipment to handle multiple id cases.TNS should remove feedbacks that violate "Seller terms of sale."
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

hotdealzonline_in1
Community Member
even I suffered the same thing there is some thing seriously wrong with ebay and when I reported it to ebay the seems to keep their eyes closed on it.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

sales.india
Community Member
@kavitadelhi..
oh! i dint know that..sellers are not allowed to disclose themselves.
but i think ebay is giving good money afterall..so there is definitely something good with eBay ,but only thing i fear is gaurantee of ones business here...
1 month you earned 5 lakhs..next month you are not sure your business will survive or not,even after doing everything.

but still i think i have long way to learn things..wish me luck!;-)
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

fitvika
Community Member
So what you if you start a business like ebay. Will you be favor to seller or buyer? , without buyer no business, but seller's, they can be easily found now. So ebay is trying to protect their business. as do if we were the owner of ebay.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I have suffered too at the hands to Ebay' protect buyers at any cost' policy. After three months in Ebay I have realised that a seller has just about 60% chance of survival here. I have had buyers who reported the item not working and even after assuring them that it would be replaced( although I knew they did not know to install it properly)they simply went ahead and posted negative feedback thereby damaging my ratings badly. So I have a positive of 27 versus 1 negative which every buyer will look at and maybe spurn my offer.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Hi ritu_collections,
I think your two cases were allotted to two different set of juries.
Ebay does not interfere in such matters.
Dont blame eBay and dont quit eBay. This is the cleanest community.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

exposystemz
Community Member
@Ritu*s_collections ' ebay not allowing sellers to vote.i also suffering unfair feedback.but now community court results not fair.if sellers gets 4 votes out of 7 also not qualify to remove the feedback.but buyer got 3 votes feedback easily and simply stay there.. WHAT A GREAT JUSTICE.SELLER MUST NEED 5 VOTES OUT OF 7.MY QUESTION IS WHAT'S THE VALUE OF 4 VOTES OUR OF 7? WHO GOT 4 VOTES THEY ARE THE LOSER AND WHO GOT 3 VOTES THEY ARE THE WINNER.EBAY SHOULD TAKE ACTION IMMD. ABOUT THIS ISSUE.OTHERWISE GENUINE SELLERS WILL GET HURT AND GET AWAY FROM EBAY.IF THEY QUIT THEN ONLY CHEATERS AND FRAUDSTERS ONLY STAY THERE.SO AUTOMATICALLY EBAY WILL LOST ITS CREDIBILITY.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply