cheating by ebay seller

kvsn1955
Community Member

Sir,

I am a Silver Member of eBay.  I had purchased  HTC 8X Windows Mobile @ Rs.13399/- via Paisa Pay ID 36241866480 on 27-4-2014. It was delivered to me on 2-5-2014 @ 1.10 pm via DTDC Courier vide their receipt no.V16719743. The mobile went dead on 3-6-2014. On contacting seller, he requested me by an SMS on 6-6-2014 @ 7.26 pm to return the defective mobile for repairs.  Accordingly, I returned the defective mobile on 7-6-2014 via Speed Post no.EM16606731IN to the address he had mentioned in the above SMS (Mobile Junction, Jhawbagan, Urdi Bazar, Near Hindi School, Chandan Nagar,Hoogly-712136, Kolkatta). He orally confirmed the receipt of the defective mobile. Mr.Rahaman also mentioned that since these phones are not officially sold by HTC in India there will not be any company warranty but he will get it repaired and send it back to me within about 2/3 days. Since then I have been calling him frequently to inquire about the progress in repairs. He has been giving very evasive replies. Once he even mentioned that it cannot be repaired in India and that he has sent it to China for repairs. I doubt this statement. I was even prepared to pay the repair charges.

But at the same time I was intrigued and sad to note that after paying Rs.13399/- I was given a Mobile Phone which is not sold officially in India by the manufacturer. This means that I have been CHEATED by the supplier.  Its nearly 2 months there is absolutely no news about the defective mobile. Now the seller is not picking up his mobile. He is avoiding to talk to me.

People buy from eBay because of TRUST. They know that they will have peace of mind since it goes without saying that eBay are wetting their suppliers before putting up their items for sale. I am not holding eBay responsible for this but I feel you should take such suppliers to task for cheating the customers with unethical practices.

I am a retired person and I am at great pain to lose Rs.13999/-. I would request you to sort out this issue at the earliest, at least on moral grounds.

Regards

K.V.S.Narayanan.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

cheating by ebay seller

This is a lesson for next time that you should:-

1. never be greedy.(you purchased because you got it cheap from a new seller)

2. always buy from a reputed old time seller dealing in mobile phones.

3. always buy something with an Indian warranty.

End...the seller does have any items on sale....you can say good-bye to it and purchase a new phone with Indian warranty.

All the Best

Message 2 of 2
latest reply