can iPod shuffle be any MP3 player??

prasanna_lns
Community Member
Hi Friends,
I am trying to esclate a case of sheer cheating happening currently on ebay. Please go through URL: http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300225353985

The seller is advertising iPod shuffle with a picture of ipod shuffle and is shipping some korean MP3 player and claims he can give only this at that price. If a buyer wish, ebay, the seller advertising ipod with picture will be liable to answer consumer along with apple. Can you please help me get this resolved. I too am a victim to this.
Regards,
Prasanna
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

prasanna_lns
Community Member
Hi Folks,

I am extremly sorry, I left a wrong URL.

The correct URL for the fake ipod shuffle I am discussing is:

http://cgi.ebay.in/1GB-iPOD-SHUFFLE-MP3-PLAYER-CHEAPEST_W0QQitemZ300228127461QQihZ020QQcategoryZ129435QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Regards,
Prasanna
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Prasanna (prasanna_lns),

Thank you for reporting the member and the suspected items on sale on our platform. We appreciate your efforts in helping us keep the site safe and secured and enhance good buying experience.

While we assure that necessary actions will be taken on this item we would encourage you to report such violations through 'Contact Us' and we assure you that the necessary actions will be taken.

Once again, we thank you for your support :-).

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
Dear Prasanna

This practice of using Apple Product pictures is done by even reputed and BIG and futuristic ecomm sites ...

And upon questioning the CEO says

Products that come up with iconic designs routinely inspire imitation; the latest Nokia flip phone for instance looks very similar to the moto razr while the Hyundai Sonata looks startlingly like a Mercedes . That does not make it illegal or unscrupulous.

But then Hyundai is not selling its SONATA by displaying MERCEDES pictures, is it?

----

The online market has lot of challenges to its growth. And I feel apart from the Shipping and Epayments etc the biggest concern in the near future would be the buyer experience. Together {EDITED} and {Edited} alone have left thousands (probably lacs) of online shoppers with a V V bad experience. The online forums are full of -ve views. This will only discourage more and more people to come online and buy. Over the next 5 years the ones who will survive would be the ones who make a good name.

TechiE
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
ahuhmmm IJ managed to complete the response before me ...

TechiE
Message 5 of 5
latest reply