cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protection for Genuine Sellers but not Powersellers

mumbaistores
Community Member
Friends,

Ebay worldover has finally done it. Made the necessary changes to feedback even though the world cried foul we all have no option but to accept it.

Mr Vidmay did mention how they will protect their powersellers from negative feedback from buyers. However i would like to understand how a non powerseller is safe in conducting his business on ebay. What are the steps ebay is taking to protect them and their business on ebay.

Is Ebay only about Powersellers? I will like to ask Ebay this question and see what the pinks have for sellers like me.

Thanks,
Mumbaistores
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Protection for Genuine Sellers but not Powersellers

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello mumbaistores,

Nice to hear from you on the feedback changes as well!

We understand that these changes will attract a lot of concerns from our sellers and hence we have ensured that we put proper processes and policies in place to safeguard our sellers from any abuse of these feedback changes.

Processes such as -

• We will remove negative and neutral Feedback if a member becomes suspended - Buyers will be suspended if they have false contact details, have registered their IDs with the intent of spoiling a seller's feedback, extortion seeking more than what a seller is offering, not paying for the item and not responding on the UPI dispute i.e. no justification for 'Not paying' up and so on. Hence if such buyers are suspended we are ensuring that genuine sellers do not carry the burden of such negatives and neutrals.
  • The percentage is based on the last 12 months of transactions - this ensures that sellers who have been providing good experience off lately are not penalised for the negatives/neutrals they have received 12 months ago thus providing them a chance to increase their Feedback percentage. Having said that even Repeat feedback credit will allow sellers to increase their feedback percentage and hence neutralise the negative/neutral count to some extent.
  • We've improved the interstitial page that all buyers see before leaving negative or neutral Feedback; the updated page offers a stronger message to buyers about the need to communicate with the seller, to allow enough time for the transaction to complete, and to keep Feedback factual - This would be a kind of alert that the buyers will get before they can leave a negative/neutral feedback and encouraging them to communicate proactively with the seller and get the issues resolved.
  • We are adding more content and modifying the leave Feedback flow for buyers who are in a cross-border transaction that reminds them that international transactions usually take longer to complete.
  • Members can leave Feedback up to 60 days after a transaction (down from 90) - With this act we are ensuring that we do not drag the feedback being left for a transaction.

'7 day block for a buyer to leave negative/neutral feedback' for PowerSellers is an additional benefit they are entitled to and the reason why we shortlisted only PowerSellers for this facility can be read here.

Hope the above response clarified your doubts and concerns and I'll be happy to revert in case you have any further queries or need clarifications :-).

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 2 of 2
latest reply