Worst ever customer service

For someone who purchases regularly on ebay...so much so that I have purchased nearly INR one lakh+ of goods in the last three months, I put a claim for a INR 50 item that was not working as described. Someone tried to call my mobile (I dont know if they did) sent me an email and then closed my claim and asked me to deal with the seller directly?

ebay want "proof" that the item does not work. Now, for a INR 50 ADSL filter, how much proof can one provide? should I provide video, measurement of the telephone wire slots using vernier callipers? Should i provide signal testing results?? what should I provide???

..isnt it easy to ask the vendor to get the item picked up and refund the amount!!

If this is the service for a Rs 50 claim, I think I have been a fool by purchasing so much on ebay in the past three months. At least I do not feel any loyalty towards ebay as a site and I can confirm that almost every other site that i shop with has better customer responsiveness.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Worst ever customer service

pawvaidy22
Community Member

Totally agree with you. I purchased blackberry mobile worth 14000 and got many issues within 1 month like sudden shutdown, battery heating etc.

when checked with ebay within 30 days as they promise for 30 days refund or replacement guarantee. They said I should contact seller for repair. seller advised some software troubleshootings and asked to wait for couple of days, but that did not work.

That now crossed 30 days and now ebay is not taking any responsibility for refund or replacment. Seller asking me to send item back by myself. Why should I bear the transport cost? 

Ebay is trying to skip the guarantee and even not responding the queries..

Worst service as compared to other online service providers.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply